Award Recognizes Customers Who Are Driving Transformation and Using Digitalization as a Strategic Adventage
Singapore — Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE:6501), announces the finalists for the Hitachi Transformation Award to be awarded at NEXT 2017, the premier event for the digital revolution. NEXT 2017 will be held September 18-21, 2017 in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. This first annual award recognizes leading companies that are transforming their businesses in new and innovative ways, with the support of Hitachi group solutions. Five finalists and four honorable mentions have been selected based on the substantial benefits they have achieved through accelerating business transformation, improving user experience, innovating with data, and enabling the internet of things (IoT).
The following finalists are exemplary models of how digital transformation accelerates business outcomes:
- CPFL Energia: With over nine million electricity consumers connected tonine distribution companies, CPFL decided to convert to a Hitachi smart grid universe. With automation spread across their networks, they needed to speed up their mission-critical database to keep up with the enormity of their technical and business challenges. Hitachi helped them assure high quality services and safety for their customers.
- Curtin University: Curtin is making campus operations smarter and bringing innovation to Western Australia with data-driven research. By analyzing people’s movements in and out of classrooms and linking data sets, they will optimize building usage, capacity needs and schedules. Through co-creating solutions with Hitachi, Curtin can use data to lower costs, improve student retention and create a more effective, contemporary learning experience.
- Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA):How do you optimize livestock production? With data. Through MLA investment, Hitachi’s sensor-driven data collection and analytics helps the red meat industry identify best practices for animal tracing, supply chain efficiency, and on-farm operations. By automating data analytics and driving IoT- led decision making, MLA is helping foster the productivity and profitability of the Australian red meat and livestock industry.
- Spin Master:Transforming into the fourth-largest toy manufacturer and children’s entertainment powerhouse is not child’s play.Spin Master has adapted to strategically support innovation, acquisitions, new brands, and continued business expansion. With Hitachi’s assistance, they reduced SAP processing time, created significant savings, and gained a 360-degree view of their customers.Now they’re pushing the boundaries of innovation, creativity and fun further and faster.
- Wiggle:Wiggle, the leading e-commerce sports retailer, knew their inefficient processes and a range of custom systems could not support their ambitious growth plans. Working with Hitachi, they developed a cloud-based, sophisticated retail platform to standardize operations and support their global strategy. Staying customer-centric, with a single customer view, better process efficiencies and soaring customer satisfaction, they leave others trailing behind.
The award winner will be announced on September 20th at NEXT 2017. The five finalists’ stories will be featured throughout the event, showcasing the business outcomes they have achieved from their transformation journeys. Hitachi is proud to partner with these outstanding companies and honor their accomplishments.
Additionally, Hitachi recognizes the following honorable mentions for their stories of transformation:
- Daicel Corporation: Daicel, a chemicals and manufacturing expert, improved quality and lowered costs with an integrated smart manufacturing solution co-created with Hitachi.
- Equifax Incorporated: Equifax worked with Hitachi on a software-defined infrastructure with analytics to improve efficiency, resulting in higher uptime and customer experience.
- Salford Royal NHS Trust: Salford Royal worked with Hitachi to prevent Type 2 diabetes with technologies designed to enhance care and support lifestyle changes.
- The University of Utah Health: University of Utah Health worked with Hitachi to streamline IT environments, improve data analytics and ensure all data is secure.
NEXT 2017 Registration
Registration for NEXT 2017 is now live! The $795 ticket is available at the introductory price of $299. To register to attend Hitachi NEXT 2017, please visit HitachiNEXT.com. Registered attendees will receive dynamic updates on new additions to the agenda in the weeks leading up to the event. For questions about press or analyst registration, please contact Stefani Finch.
Follow NEXT 2017. Join the conversation with #HitachiNEXT
About NEXT 2017 by Hitachi
NEXT 2017 by Hitachi is the premier event for the digital revolution. It’s for business leaders who want to win – not just compete – and innovate faster to thrive in the digital economy. And to reinvent their business even if they weren’t born in the cloud. You'll experience the latest solutions and services so that you can get the most value in your data. It’s all made possible by integrating information technology with the operational technologies of the world's infrastructure through the internet of things. Gain the expertise of Hitachi, one of today’s industrial giants. Achieve incredible value when this expertise meets Hitachi's strength in data management and analysis. It’s part of our vision of Social Innovation to help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. NEXT 2017 will be held September 18-20, 2017 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. For more information and to register, please visit HitachiNEXT.com.
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help global organizations open new revenue streams, increase efficiencies, improve customer experience and ensure rapid time to market in the digital age. Only Hitachi Data Systems powers the digital enterprise by integrating the best information technology and operational technology from across the Hitachi family of companies. We combine this experience with Hitachi expertise in the internet of things to deliver the exceptional insights business and society need to transform and thrive. Visit us at HDS.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, delivers innovations that answer society’s challenges. The company’s consolidated revenues for fiscal 2016 (ended March 31, 2017) totaled 9,162.2 billion yen ($81.8 billion). The Hitachi Group is a global leader in the Social Innovation Business, and it has approximately 304,000 employees worldwide. Through collaborative creation, Hitachi is providing solutions to customers in a broad range of sectors, including Power / Energy, Industry / Distribution / Water, Urban Development, and Finance / Government & Public / Healthcare. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
HITACHI is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. All other trademarks, service marks, and company names are properties of their respective owners.
Hitachi Data Systems
Pinpoint PR (PPR) is an award-winning boutique public relations (PR) consultancy in Singapore. We uniquely specialise in science and emerging technology PR. We (and our clients) have won awards for events publicity as well as financial PR.
We are proud to have earned the Institute for Public Relations Singapore (IPRS) PRISM Award 2017 for Best new local PR consultancy and with Merit, for the 2017 Outstanding Corporate Reputation Programme - International (OANDA). We were also listed as one of the top 5 new PR agencies in Asia Pacific at the June 2017 PR Awards Asia.