Nordbygg’s range is increasing and therefore also the relevance for actors outside the industry’s absolute core. The Project Group is working hard to incorporate current topics into the fair. The focus in 2018 on digital solutions for the construction and housing sector was successful and the concept will be further developed for 2020.
– We will invest even more in an innovation arena, where the construction and housing industry’s innovation platform, Nordic ConTech, will be an integral part, says Peter Söderberg, Nordbygg’s Project Manager.
Philips Lighting, (nowadays Signify) and Cisco in 2018 conducted an activity and together presented a mutually developed digital ceiling, which makes it easier to build digital infrastructure in a building. And it was Nordbygg’s focus on innovation and Nordic ConTech that made Philips and Cisco participate.
– Nordbygg is usually not the place for us, says Robert Fredriksson at Signify. It was the fair’s digital focus that made it relevant to us.
High pressure on bookings
– It is of course gratifying that Nordbygg with its already strong position in the construction and housing sector can develop further and be of interest to new actors, says Peter Söderberg. That is exactly what we strive for.
Also pleasing for the fair is that 80 per cent of the exhibition area is already booked by a total of 542 companies.
– We are careful to place them in the right area or cluster, which is an important quality factor which gives more satisfied exhibitors and visitors. With this high degree of bookings, in certain areas we already have a waiting list but there is still 20 per cent available area, says Peter Söderberg.
Hope for fossil-free construction
Nordbygg’s central position in Swedish construction was the reason why the west-coast based sustainability project Hoppet chose to travel to Stockholm.
– Many of those we want to reach are at Nordbygg, says Nina Jacobsson Stålheim, the then Project Manager for Hoppet. And we can establish that the fair was very good for us, too. We could spread the word, carry out great meetings and also hold a very well-visited workshop.
Hoppet is an investigative sustainability project with the goal to try to find processes and materials that lead to fossil-free construction. The name Hoppet (Hope) comes from the pre-school with the same name that will be built fossil-free.
– There is a lot of talk about sustainability and fossil-free construction, but in this project we are working with a concrete building project, Nina Jacobsson Stålheim explains.
Nordbygg gathers an absolute majority of the construction sector’s industries. The building sheet manufacturer Plannja represents one of them, the metal industry. Plannja was also an early bird in booking Nordbygg 2020.
– Nordbygg is an important fair and we put in a lot of time and energy to execute it. That is why we want to ensure that we get a really good spot, says Ann-Katrin Ahlbäck, Marketing Manager Scandinavia.
Peter Söderberg,Nordbyggs Event Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
phone +46 8-749 43 93
Pär Jonasson, Press Relations Manager, email@example.com
mobile +46 70-486 90 34
Carolina Ekman, Press Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
mobile +46 70-789 41 35
Inspiration and information, business opportunities and new friends. Stockholmsmässan is the largest meeting place in Scandinavia hosting around 70 leading exhibitions and hundreds of national and international congresses, conferences and corporate events every year.
Love to meet you!