Young Designers is Formex’s platform for up and coming designers and stylists. The work of 19 designers in various disciplines will be on show at the spring fair on 15 -18 January. Young Designers first started in 2008 and it’s evolved into an exciting forum for designers on the verge of their big break. Formex, at Stockholmsmassan, has given many of them their breakthrough moment and a great deal of valuable publicity. At the end of this press release is a list of this year’s participants.
“Young Designers is a cost-efficient way of reaching out to and getting feedback from the industry. We’re delighted and proud to have a number of designers who’ve kick-started their careers at Formex’s Young Designers, including Johan Lindstén, Simon Key Bertman, Lisa Bentsson and Sofia Hagelin,” says Kajsa Falck Torlegård, Assistant Event Manager for Formex.
In addition to Young Designers, there’s also the Next Step concept for former Young Designers participants or designers further along their career paths. Next Step started in 2010 and this will be the eighth time it’s held.
The Young Designers zone will be created in association with Trendgruppen. The young designer’s application has to include images or sketches of products not yet produced by an established company. The same designer is allowed to exhibit three times, but must have new products to exhibit. The stands constructed for Young Designers differ from the other stands in the exhibition halls. Every effort is made to create an individual profile that exudes innovation and design. At this spring’s Formex, the stands can be found next to the Nordic Area in Hall B.
Young Designers Spring 2014:
- Kajsa Rolfsson, www.kajsarolfsson.com
- Design Lina Johansson, www.linajohansson.se
- UN Innovation, www.uninnovation.se
- Tb&Ajkay, www.tb-ajkay.com
- Wallmark formstudio, www.wallmarkform.se
- Fanny Oldenburg Design, www.fannyoldenburg.com/design
- LIIGO OY, www.liigofinland.se
- Design Susanna Sivonen, www.susannasivonen.com
- Sofie Johansson, www.sofieform.se
- TARV, www.tarv.se
- CRAFT ILLUSTRATION, www.claralindsten.com
- MB Form, www.mirabodiroza.com
- Återbrukshyttan, www.aterbrukshyttan.se
- Adniil Interiör, www.adniilinterior.se
- Edit & Björnen, www.editochbjornen.se
- Anna Lindsten, www.annalindsten.se
- Haidar Mahdi, www.haidarmahdi.tumblr.com
- Carina Björk Design, www.carinabjork.com
- Annika Gustavsson, www.annikagustavsson.se
For more information, please contact:
Christina Olsson, Formex Event Manager, tel +46 70 789 44 28, email@example.com
Stockholmsmässan is one of the world's leading and most flexible organisers of meetings. We offer the perfect meeting place for everything from international summits to broad public fairs. Together with exhibitors and organisers we create well-organised meetings which offer the visitor inspiration, knowledge and business opportunities. As the leading organiser in the Baltic Sea Region, we organise some 60 industry-leading exhibitions as well as around 100 national and international congresses, conferences and events anually. Every year we welcome 10,000 exhibitors, 1.5 million visitors and more than 8,000 journalists from all over the world.