With the new M2M quality program the company is raising the benchmark for end-to-end reliability and quality in M2M deployments.
Following the successful launch of a dedicated platform for global M2M and telematics deployments in 2009, Telenor Connexion is now further enhancing its offer by providing an extensive program to guide customers and partners when integrating connectivity solutions. Hence, ensuring reliability, security and cost efficiency.
Drawing from over 10 years experience, Telenor Connexion has formalized its knowledge into the new M2M quality program. Built around a series of workshops, lab simulations and knowledge transfer sessions the program contains five main packages, from initial requirement specifications and solutions design, through test and validation to operational processes and tools.
The program has proven to be a highly efficient way to secure a successful embedded connectivity launch, enabling a product and service that deliver higher quality and value to the end user. The key benefits are:
- Higher quality for the end-customer service
- Quicker time to market
- Less reiterations of the application design as faults can be corrected prior to release
- More robust and cost efficient designs
- Securing a sustainable business model and product development plan
- Ensuring compliance to GSMA fraud, signalling and security standards
Testing how customer terminals handle different types of networks is one part of the M2M Quality Program.
– The main advantage of testing our equipment in Telenor Connexion’s Mobile Network Simulation Lab was to be able to test different handover/roaming scenarios and different types of network situations over and over again. Something which is almost impossible to test in a live network, says Nils Nordin, Telecommunication responsible at Scania, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications.
– The usage and traffic behavior is very different from case to case, but it is critical that connectivity is integrated in the right way to secure full functionality and reliability over time. We help our customers deploy high-quality and sustainable connectivity solutions for their business and life critical applications, says Per Simonsen, CEO at Telenor Connexion.
Telenor Connexion sees an increased interest from different industries in embedding connectivity to machines, vehicles and devices.
Industry analyst firm Berg Insight forecasts that, until 2014, the number of cellular M2M connections worldwide is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6 percent to reach 187.1 million.
For more information, please contact:
Kristina Grandin, PR and Communication, Telenor Connexion
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 734 25 26 21
About Telenor Connexion
Telenor Connexion is a leading global provider of embedded connectivity for business and life critical applications. Companies in industries as diverse as automotive, security, utilities and fleet management are implementing embedded connectivity solutions to achieve productivity gains, cost management, environmental improvement and expand customer services. With more than 10 years of experience, Telenor Connexion is a reliable partner, understanding and dedicated our customers’ business.
Telenor Connexion provides international, cost-effective M2M (machine-to-machine) communication solutions to a number of global customers such as Volvo, Daimler and Securitas Direct.
According to leading industry analyst Berg Insight Telenor is “the most advanced mobile operator in the area of M2M” and also “the dominant provider of wireless M2M connectivity”.
Telenor Connexion is wholly owned by Telenor Group, the world’s sixth largest mobile operator. Telenor Group is an international provider of high quality tele, data and media communication services with mobile operations in 13 markets across the Nordic region, Central and Eastern Europe and in Asia. For more information, please visit www.telenorconnexion.com