In 2011/12, Pernod Ricard achieved its best growth since 2007/08, exceeding the financial
targets that had been announced.
- accelerated sales growth to +8% (1)
- growth (1) in profit from recurring operations of +9% compared to a target of “close to +8% (1)”
- significant improvement in operating margin rate (+75 bps)
- completion of debt refinancing and accelerated debt reduction with a net debt to EBITDA ratio (2) of 3.8 at 30 June 2012 compared to a guidance of “close to 3.9”
- proposed dividend of €1.58 per share, an increase of +10%
Pierre Pringuet, Chief Executive Officer of the Group, commented:
"Throughout the 2011/12 financial year, the Group recognised its best growth rates since the 2008 crisis, be it for the top or bottom line. This is the result of a clear and constant strategy: substantial investments in our brands, innovation, premiumisation and geographic expansion. This performance also derives from a unique, decentralised organisation founded upon the motivation and the accountability of men and women, that Patrick Ricard bestowed upon us." He also added : "Despite the economic uncertainty, we are confident in the Group's ability to deliver solid growth this year as well."
See Press Release for more details.
The Absolut Company has the worldwide responsibility for the production, innovation and strategic marketing of ABSOLUT VODKA, Malibu, Kahlúa, Wyborowa, Luksusowa and Frïs. ABSOLUT VODKA is the world’s fourth largest premium spirits brand. Every bottle of ABSOLUT VODKA is produced in Åhus in southern Sweden. MALIBU is the number one coconut-flavoured rum in the world, sold in more than 150 countries. KAHLÚA coffee liqueur is the world leader in its category. As of July 2008, The Absolut Company is a company within the Pernod Ricard group, which holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector. The head office is located in Stockholm, Sweden.