BT Fleet today announced it had won a new deal with Network Rail to provide fleet management for one of the UK’s biggest and most complex vehicle fleets.
The five year contract with Network Rail, which has around 7,800 vehicles nationally, starts this month. BT Fleet’s contract includes the provision of fleet management, maintenance, accident management, as well as third party services, such as glass, tyres, roadside assistance and vehicle hire.
Emma Osborn, Network Rail – NDS (National Delivery Service) Business Manager, said: “We selected BT Fleet as our fleet partner following a rigorous tendering exercise. They demonstrated excellent knowledge, capability and resilience in the management of complex operational fleets. We look forward to working in collaboration with the BT Fleet team to maximise the efficiency, compliance and availability of our vehicles.”
David Bowen, BT Fleet managing director, said: “This contract win contributes to an overall business strategy of customer growth and growing profitable revenues. This is great news for us and reinforces our credentials as the UK’s leading provider of fleet management services to operational fleets with a real focus on customer service.”
Joe Fielder, BT Fleet sales director said: “I am delighted to win this prestigious contract. We’ll continue to build on these successes and are now working on new markets such as the public sector.”
About BT Fleet
• BT Fleet is a part of BT Group and one of the UK’s leading fleet management companies
• Based in Coventry, BT Fleet has a team of over 700 people and manages a UK-wide network of over 500 garages of which 63 are owned
• BT Fleet maintains more than 75,000 vehicles comprising commercial vehicles, complex specialist vehicles and cars
• BT Fleet provides fleet maintenance and management services to companies whose fleets are “mission critical” to their core business and keeping them on the road is central to their success
• BT Fleet was awarded 2010 Van Fleet Service Company of the Year, 2009 Van Fleet Management Initiative of the Year and Van Service & Repair Company of the Year by Fleet Van magazine. It also ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited
• For further information regarding BT Fleet and its services, please visit www.btfleet.com