The borough’s top sporting talents and achievers have been honoured at the annual Bury Sports Awards.
Men and women were praised for their individual, team or community success at the ceremony, which was held at the Mayor’s Parlour at Bury Town Hall.
The awards are organised by Bury Sport and Physical Activity Service.
Winners in each category are:
- Volunteer of the year – Ryan Lewis
- Coach of the year – Thomas Gleaves
- Sports achiever of the year – Isaac Taylorgreen
- Disabled sports achiever – Mark O’Brien
- Club of the year – YWCA Bury Netball Club
- Unsung hero of the year – Karen Nicholls
- Changing lifestyle recognition award – Alex Evans
- IWIYW active female of the year – Siobhan Pimlott
Among those presenting the awards was Councillor Mike Connolly, the Mayor of Bury; his consort Ian Hargreaves; and other councillors.
Cllr Connolly said: “I was delighted to welcome the winners of the Bury Sports Awards to the Mayor’s Parlour. I am incredibly proud of them; they are a credit to themselves, their club and to the borough”
Press release issued: 27 October 2016.
Picture: Winners of this year’s Bury Sports Awards (from left)Isaac Taylorgreen,Thomas Gleaves, Dawn Treanor and Kath Pemberton of YWCA Bury Netball Club, Alex Evans, Karen Nicholls, Siobhan Pimlott, David O’Brien (collecting award on behalf of Mark O'Brien), and Ryan Lewis.