Work will begin next week to resurface a number of main roads in Radcliffe.
The programme starts on Tuesday 7 May and will take around eight weeks in total, although each road will be worked on for shorter periods on different dates.
- Higher Ainsworth Road, between the junctions of Grindsbrook Road and Hardman Street. Work due to start on 7 May and expected to take two weeks to complete. Works to take place between 9.30am and 3.30pm, with temporary traffic lights in operation.
- Church Street West, from Barlow Street to Spring Lane. Work to start on 7 May and last two to three weeks. The road will be closed to through traffic between 9.30am and 4pm with a diversion put in place. No parking will be allowed on Church Street or Rectory Lane during the works.
- Outwood Road, from the mini-roundabout at Lodge Brow to the junction with Rupert Street. Work to start on 3 June and take two to three weeks. Sections of the road will be closed to through traffic, with a temporary diversion route in operation.
- Coronation Road, between Turks Road and Wordsworth Avenue. Work to start on 28 May and last two to three weeks, between 9.30am and 3.30pm. Traffic lights and short-term closures in place.
- Stand Lane, between Peel Street and Pilkington Way. The majority of work will take place on two Sundays; 2 June and 9 June. Sections of the road will be closed to through traffic, with a temporary diversion route in place.
Press release issued: 2 May 2019.