DeadSocial will be running a popup coffee shop during Dying Matters Awareness Week at 69 Camden High Street, London (13th - 19th May 2013)
The 'DeadSocial Popup Coffee Shop' will be open between 10am-5.30pm Monday-Saturday. It will play host to a number of events, workshops, discussion and seminars over the course of the week.
The popup coffee shop is a not for profit venture and is only able to be taking place due to the kindness of volunteers and support from local and regional speakers, organisers and contributors. The annual "Dying Matters Awareness week" helps to raise awareness of death in the UK. It does so through discussion around death, society, policies and providing material to help assist us "be ready" for death.
Popup Coffee Shop events include:
- Seminars & workshops by End of Life: Doctors, Funeral Directors, Therapists etc
- ‘Free Video Will’ for all visitors. Filmed Professionally (Mon-Sat, 10-5pm)
- Free tea, coffee and cake throughout the week
- Popup Shop Launch party (Tuesday 14th 6pm-11pm), Live music, Sushi, networking
- Death Café’s 100th event (Wednesday 15th March from 6pm-10pm) tea, coffee, brownies & cake
- Dying Matters Video screening (10am each morning)
- Dying Matters material to read and take away (throughout the week)
- “Before I die I would like to…” interactive wall (throughout the week)
- Helium Balloon message balloon send (throughout the week)
Dying Matters is an inclusive national coalition of 28,000 members, which aims to change public knowledge, attitudes and behaviours towards dying, death and bereavement.
DeadSocial is the social networking tool that enables us to say “goodbye” posthumously to our friends and family. This allows us to say goodbye in our own unique and individual way.
Camden Town Unlimited has been appointed by the business community to improve Camden Town as a place to work, live and visit. Their projects include the ‘Collective Pop Up’.
Tugba Tirpan is aprofessional filmmaker and photographer working within the arts, startup and fashion sectors.
Death Café brings people together in a relaxed and safe setting to discuss death, drink tea and eat delicious cake. The objective of Death Cafe is "To increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives".
Leverton & Sons have been independent funeral directors for over 220 years. The company’s longevity is testament to their sensitivity to people’s changing needs from one generation to the next
Special Thanks to: Hi Sushi, Camden Coffee, We Love Brownies, Josh Summana, Tim Watt and everyone else who has made this possible.
Closest Tubes are Camden Town & Mornington Crescent
DeadSocial is the free service that enables us to say goodbye in our own time and unique way on Facebook & Twitter.
DeadSocial launched in March at ‘South by South West’ (SXSW) in this year and was a final four startup in The Next Web & Microsofts Startup Rally 2012.