The Good Funeral Awards 2013 recognise outstanding services to the bereaved for those whose lives are at an end. Nominations are open but CLOSE ON THE 31st JULY. There are 15 very different categories to nominate people and organisations in.
- Most Promising New Funeral Director
- Embalmer of the Year
- The Eternal Slumber Award for Coffin Supplier of the Year
- Most Significant Contribution to the Understanding of Death
- Crematorium Attendant of the Year
- Best Internet Bereavement Resource
- The Blossom d’Amour Award For Funeral Floristry
- Funeral Celebrant of the Year
- Cemetery of the Year Award
- Gravedigger of the Year
- Best Funeral Arranger
- Funeral Director of the Year (in ass / with The Bereavement Register)
- Best Alternative to a Hearse
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Green Funeral Director of the Year (in ass / with GreenAcres Woodland Burials)
It takes two seconds to make a nomination. Nominations can be made here: http://goodfuneralawards.co.uk/nominate/ Anyone can nominate a person or organisation for an award. Winning an award is highly respected within the funeral and end of life sector. As with all industries excellence should be admired and celebrated, this is especially true for funeral care.
*The winners of the awards receive a trophy and a certificate in recognition of their achievement.
This years awards will occur on the evening of Saturday 7 September 2013 and be presented by Pam St Clement the iconic actress best known for her role in Eastenders as Pat Butcher.
Nominate a deserving organisation or individual. It only takes 30 seconds or so to do so.
DeadSocial was announced in March at ‘South by South West’ (SXSW) in Texas this year before being announced as finalists in the ‘London Web Summit’ Startup Competition. DeadSocial is a free service that allows humans to extent their digital legacy once they pass away. DeadSocial is a UK Startup and part of Really Simple Startups Ltd.