Finegreen Featured Job of the Week - Associate Director - Research & Governance, London
- Specialism: Clinical Governance
- Salary: Competitive plus benefits package
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Reference: ZA/18698
Our featured job of the week is for our client, the National Joint Registry (NJR), who are seeking to recruit to the post of Associate Director -Research and Governance to join their team.
NJR was established in 2002 and has collected data on all major joint replacement surgery across the NHS and independent healthcare sector. With over 2 million records, it is the largest arthroplasty register in the world and one of the most influential healthcare registries in the world which plays a significantly central role internationally. Data from the Registry is in high demand which supports research and related studies.
The NJR management team, based at HQIP, manages the registry’s work across its governance structure- comprising the NJR Steering Committee and eight NJR sub committees- and services contracted through three key contracts covering data collection and management, statistical analysis, support and research and communications.
- Lead responsibility for overseeing the strategic development and programme management of the NJR research and data governance functions;
- Maintaining the NJR research request infrastructure;
- Providing advice and expertise on NJR research, data and information governance;
- Leading and coordinating work with the Department of Health Freedom of Information team on management of NJR FOI requests;
- Representing the NJR on the HQIP Data Access Request Group.
- Graduate or higher level and/or relevant professional qualification;
- Typically up to 10 years’ relevant experience;
- Good understanding of health policy, health service research, information and governance;
- Sound knowledge of procedures for academic research support, data governance and operational understanding of the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts;
- Ability to employ professional judgement and capacity to deal with a complex work agenda;
The successful candidate:
Closing date for applications: 6 April 2018
Interviews are planned for w/ 16 April 2018
If you think that you are ready for this exciting and challenging role please go here for further information and to apply.
Finegreen Associates is a young, dynamic specialist
recruitment consultancy – focusing on permanent, interim and fixed-term
contract management and executive roles in both public and private sectors.We’ve won a fair number of awards since starting
in 2005 – and have been listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track
Top 100 businesses – but what really keeps us going at Finegreen is the
positive detailed feedback we get from our customers and candidates on a regular
basis.It is this attention to the detailed needs of the
people we work for which has underpinned
Finegreen’s growth and success over the past eight years – a success story which has bucked the
challenging economic trends over that period.Part of this attention to detail includes offering
teams of specialist consultants, each expert in areas reflecting our clients’
and candidates’ fields of interest – whether this is budgets or buildings.It’s a way of working which has seen us collect
awards such as Best Small to Medium Business in both the 2013 & 2014 Best Business Awards,
as well as Recruiter of the Year in both the 2013 and 2014 Health Investor Awards – while our Chief Executive Neil
Fineberg has also been nominated for Entrepreneur of the Year.