- Specialism: Clinical Services
- Salary: VSM
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South Central
- Reference: LG/18206
Our featured job of the week is for an NHS organisation located in the South who are looking to appoint a Chief Nurse for an interim assignment for 3-6 months.
- As the most senior nurse in the Trust, provide strong and effective leadership and advice to ensure all Trust nursing and midwifery staff deliver consistently safe, effective and high quality care to patients;
- Provide expert advice to the Chief Executive and Trust Board on all professional nursing and midwifery issues;
- With the Medical Director take the executive lead for all quality and governance issues including risk management and provide expert advice and assurance to the Board;
- Discharge all duties relating to the role of Director of Infection Prevention and Control;
- As an Executive Director and voting member of the Trust Board, contribute to the collective decision-making of the Board, and take shared responsibility for the overall success and future direction of the Trust.
The successful candidate:
- Registered General Nurse with current NMC registration;
- Evidence of sustained personal and professional development;
- Successful track record of providing effective leadership, strategic management and achieving results in a large, complex organisation at, or near, Board level in an acute provider setting;
- Experience in leading large scale transformational change programmes aimed at improving organisational performance;
- Experience of effectively managing considerable resources and budgets through others to deliver high quality services, long term financial sustainability and outstanding value for money.