- Specialism: Strategy and Change
- Salary: £65,922 – £81,618
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: West Midlands
- Reference: 17740
Our featured job of the week is for an NHS Trust based in the West Midlands, who are seeking to appoint a Deputy Director. This will be a trust-wide post to support in identifying and delivering a challenging programme of efficiency and service improvement and will include both leading and governing major programmes of work across the organisation.
With an operating budget in excess of £521m, The Trust is one of the largest acute and community providers in the West Midlands. The Trust is also the largest teaching hospital in the Black Country providing teaching and training to more than 130 medical students on rotation from the University of Birmingham Medical School. In addition, the Trust provides training for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals through well-established links with the University of Wolverhampton. The Trust gained Cancer Centre status in 1997, was designated as the 4th Regional Heart & Lung Centre during 2004/05 and became one of the first wave Bowel Screening Centres in 2006.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Lead the Programme Management Office (PMO) and oversee monitoring and accountability of the most complex and significant service change projects within the Trust.
- Drive innovation and ideas generation within the Trust taking an active role in developing new programmes to improve efficiencies.
- Leading the Trust’s response to the Carter Efficiency Report.
- Develop and implement a programme management framework that provides the basis for effective and sustainable improvement across the Trust.
- Provide a source of expert advice to the Trust Board, Executive Directors and Senior Managers on efficiency programme management.
The desired candidate will be an acknowledged programme manager and have specialist knowledge in innovation and improvement programmes, with proven experience of delivering tangible financial and productivity benefits.
Applications will close at 24:00hrs on Sunday, 15 January 2017.
For more information or to apply for this exciting and challenging role please go here