- Specialism: Clinical Services
- Salary: £40.16 per hour (agency framework Band 8b)
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: London
- Reference: DL/17852
Our featured job of the week is for a leading NHS organisation is looking to appoint an Interim Divisional Head of Nursing for a period of 3 months+ whilst they recruit to the permanent role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic nursing leadership within the division in order to ensure and consistently develop a high quality efficient nursing service for patients;
- Provide professional leadership to all nurses within the division and will develop the clinical leadership capability of nursing;
- Lead on professional nursing education within the division working in conjunction with the Lead Nurse for education and research to ensure that the divisional development needs are met;
- Lead across the division, and as agreed, the organisation, in local and national projects to both promote and develop nursing, and will be responsible for leading on the quality of patient care within the division working closely with the other senior managers in the organisation;
- Provide effective nursing input into the development of the divisional strategy, policy and the division’s business planning cycle;
- Responsible and accountable for the delivery of financial performance against budget responsibilities, lead on the quality and safety agenda and work closely with HR to develop and nurture staff to the best of their abilities;
- Lead on the management and delivery of specific projects or initiatives within and across Divisions, initiated by executive team and agreed with the Senior Management team;
- Support the effective discharge of these responsibilities, you will establish and maintain effective structures and systems of staff management.
- Registered Nurse (current NMC registration)
- Substantial experience in a senior nursing management role with experience of managing clinical teams;
- Successful management of change including setting strategic direction.
For more information or to apply for this exciting and challenging role please go here.