- Specialism: Clinical Governance
- Salary: Band 8b
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South East
- Reference: LG/18733
Our featured job of the week is for an NHS Trust located in the South East who are looking to appoint an interim Head of Health and Safety to ensure they meets its obligations under Health and Safety law by developing, implementing and reviewing health and safety management systems, policies and procedures.
The assignment is 3-4 months, based in the South East and inside IR35.
- Bringing together the cross directorate functions of Health & Safety to ensure seamless and collaborative working;
- To oversee the delivery of a Trust wide Health & Safety improvement plan and supporting Health & Safety KPIs;
- Leading the strategic development of systems and processes in the area of health and safety for the Trust;
- Support the delivery of the Trust’s strategic vision, corporate objectives, statutory requirements and other key deliverables
- Provide inspirational leadership, ensuring that Health and Safety is at the heart of the Organisation, contributing to a positive and strong safety culture;
The successful candidate:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent);
- A Chartered Member of Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (CMIOSH);
- Experienced in working in a senior advisory role;
- Minimum 3 years experience of working in a senior health and safety advisory post in a complex health setting, preferably NHS;
- Making strategic recommendations regarding health and safety issues.