- Specialism: Strategy & Change
- Salary: Competitive - Agency Cap/Framework Band 8C
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: South West
- Reference: TC/17874
Our featured job of the week is for an NHS organisation in the South West who are looking to appoint an interim Head of Purchasing for a 3 month period in the first instance. This role has an ASAP start and would be under the Agency Cap/CCS NMNC Framework interim contractor rates at Band 8C.
This role is to support the organisation's procurement delivery and requires a strong, experienced lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for influencing non-clinical non-pay expenditure in excess of £multi hundred millions per annum for the organisation. They will manage and influence the strategic direction of non-clinical procurement to deliver a high quality service and cost efficiencies with a primary focus on value realisation and saving targets achievement. Key to the role will be the development, in conjunction with key stakeholders, of a Sourcing Work Plan that supports the aligned strategic direction of in scope spend.
A Successful Candidate will have:
- 5 years’ experience within contracting/purchasing including credible experience at a senior management level;
- Experience driving change management initiatives;
- Experience of managing a team, with a proven record of developing and enhancing performance;
- Strong background in negotiation, ideally within purchasing/contracting environment with a thorough understanding of latest techniques in supply chain management and a demonstrable record of high achievement against set targets;
- A thorough understanding of commercial issues and purchasing techniques including the rules and policies governing public sector procurement.
For more information or to apply for this challenging and exciting role, please go here