- Specialism: Public Health
- Salary: £500 per day
- Job Type: Interim
- Location: North West
- Reference: LG/17811
Our first featured job of the week for 2017 is for a leading NHS organisation, who are looking to appoint a highly skilled interim to undertake a piece of health economics analysis for an exciting innovative pilot health service.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for curating a piece of health economics analysis for an exciting innovative pilot health service which is now identifying certain cancers early, the piece of work is understand more about its cost effectiveness;
- This programme works between commissioners and providers together with people affected by cancer to plan and implement quality improvements in cancer care;
- The pilot is hosted by a group of CCGs, and the Programme Board is made up of Providers, CCGs and 3rd party organisations;
- The pilot seeks to test an operational approach to: Increase the number of this type of cancer diagnosed at early stage, increase the proportion of patients diagnosed with cancer that can be offered curative treatment;
- The learning from the pilot will be used to develop options about how we can detect cancer earlier. The benefits from the pilot fall broadly under three categories: Outputs from project development, Knowledge gained from project, Better outcomes for participants.
- A background in Cancer Pathways, ideally worked within or has an understanding of multidisciplinary partnership approach;
- A firm understand of Health Economics, ideally this will come from working in roles such as a Public Health Analyst.
For more information or to apply for this exciting and challenging role please go here