On Thursday evening (6 October), the Oumph! concept from Food for Progress took home the 2016 Grocery of the Year award.
The soy protein presented in a whole new way has made “everyday food” of green raw material and is integral to the ambition of Food for Progress to drastically reduce our climate impact and improve the health of many.
- Food for Progress has really absorbed the growing consumer demand for vegetarian options. Considering the great progress they have achieved in a short period of time, and, in particular, how they have impacted the entire category of frozen vegetarian products, they are worthy winners of the 2016 Grocery of the Year, says Karin Brynell, President of the Jury of the Grocery of the Year.
In addition to the award, Food for Progress receives SEK 500,000 worth of advertising space on any of TV4's channels and SEK 100,000 from market research firm Nielsen to use on their services.
Learn how the Oumph! concept and the other two finalists, ProPud and NOCCO, met the criteria åretsdagligvara.se
ABOUT THE GROCERY OF THE YEAR
- The Grocery of the Year award aims to recognise a product that in the previous year has enjoyed a particularly successful launch, contributed to development and met a new consumer demand.
- The nomination dossier includes quantitative data from Nielsen based on consumers' actual purchases in stores. A jury then appoints three finalists.
- The prize is awarded by trade associations DLF (Dagligvaruleverantörers Förbund), Svensk dagligvaruhandel and market research firm Nielsen.
- The purpose of the Grocery of the Year is to identify successful launches and inspire industry stakeholders to innovation and product development. The prize is awarded each year in October at the Autumn Meetingof the industry.
- The 2016 Grocery of the Year is sponsored by TV4.
For further contact: Karin Brynell, President of the Jury of the Grocery of the Year, +4670-975 80 85, Anna Jönsson, Press Officer, Grocery of the Year, +4670-980 32 09