North East mum Ashleigh Swan is the founder of money saving website ashleighmoneysaver.co.uk
This month Ashleigh has teamed up with Go North East to give you her best money saving advice and tips for something to do in the North East that won’t break the bank.
Whether you are looking for a meal out with your partner or a fun filled day out with the kids, there are savings for everyone. With frequent bus services across the region it makes sense to leave the car at home and explore our wonderful region. You can follow Ashleigh on her Facebook page Ashleigh Money Saver for regular updates on savings.
So take a look at Ashleigh’s top picks…
1. Newcastle Restaurant Week is a firm favourite with the people of the North East. You get a chance to go to a huge variety of restaurants across the city at a fraction of their usual menu prices. Perfect for a night out with friends or if you are looking to save money on date night.
2. You can get buy-one-get-one free on cocktails every Friday at YOLO in Ponteland - Declan Donnelly and Scarlett Moffatt from Gogglebox were spotted in their recently so you may end up brushing shoulders with stars while you’re there!
3. Jalou Newcastle are offering 50% off cocktails all day every day during January. So if you fancy a night out with friends but need to watch the purse strings, this is the deal for you.
4. We are lucky enough to have the UK’s 4th best beauty salon right on our doorstep - Newcastle Hair & Beauty on Northumberland Street, Newcastle. They have an exclusive deal especially for Ashleigh Money Saver of any 3 treatments from a select list for £50 - saving you up to £45. There a number of special offers they have ongoing including…
£5 off a £25 spend
£10 off a full set of nails
£20 off a full set of lashes
£50 off facial package
£30 off a HydraFacial
5. Why not treat the family to a game of bowling?
Namco Funscape at Intu Metrocentre have an offer on their website for 25% off bowling Monday - Thursday
6. Why not give a new sport a try and have a night out at the basketball?
Newcastle Eagles are the most successful British basketball team and they ended the new season in 2015 unbeaten!
Get half-price tickets by quoting the code ‘SOCIAL’ when booking your tickets.
7. Why not take the bus to The Centre for Life and mix education with fun? When you show your Go North East bus ticket, you will receive free child admission with a full paying adult.
8. Have a trip out to the Northumberland coast to the stunning fishing village of Craster. The Jolly Fisherman pub/restaurant is offering 15% off all evening meals during January (food only). They are famous for their Crab Soup with whiskey and Craster Kipper Pate. We've tried it and it is divine!
9. If you feel like a getaway and maybe some pampering, luxury wedding, hotel and spa destination The Morritt Hotel in Barnard Castle are offering a Saturday Overnight Special with food and spa access for just £99.
10. Have you visited the Malmaison Hotel on the thriving Newcastle Quayside? It is a fantastic location and their food is excellent. Their restaurant has wonderful views of the River Tyne and the bridges.
Right now, your guest dines free when you both have two courses.
Love Ashleigh xxx