If they do not renew their claims in time, payments could stop.
Alison McDonald, Director, of HMRC’s Benefits and Credits, said:
“Claimants have only days left to renew their tax credits. If they don’t do it in time, payments will stop, and people could lose all the money they have received since April.
“They also need to check their details in the renewal packs carefully as any errors now could mean they receive less money.”
For help with renewals, claimants can call 0345 300 3900.
Notes to editors
1. The Tax Credit Helpline is open 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday; 8.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday; closed Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
2. For customers who are deaf or hard of hearing or speech impaired: 0345 300 3909 (Textphone).
3. Tax credits written enquiries should go to: Tax Credit Office, Preston PR1 4AT
4. Personal Tax Credits statistics: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/stats/personal-tax-credits/menu.htm
5. Follow HMRC on Twitter @HMRCgovuk
6. Images are available on HMRC’s flickr channel www.flickr.com/hmrcgovuk
Issued by HM Revenue & Customs Press Office
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is the UK’s tax authority.
HMRC is responsible for making sure that the money is available to fund the UK’s public services and for helping families and individuals with targeted financial support.