- Press Contact
- 03000 585018
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has today launched a new telephone helpline for anyone affected by the recent floods.
The helpline will enable anyone affected to get fast, practical help and advice on a wide range of tax problems they may be facing.
HMRC will also:
· agree instalment arrangements where taxpayers are unable to pay as a result of the floods;
· agree a practical approach when individuals and businesses have lost vital records to the floods;
· suspend debt collection proceedings for those affected by the floods;
· cancel penalties when the taxpayer has missed statutory deadlines.
The helpline is in addition to other HMRC telephone contact numbers.
Notes to editors
1. The helpline is: 0800 904 7900.
2. Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 8.00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 8.00 am to 4.00 pm, excluding bank holidays.
3. Follow HMRC on Twitter @HMRCgovuk
4. HMRC’s flickr channel - www.flickr.com/hmrcgovuk
Issued by HM Revenue & Customs Press Office
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is the UK’s tax authority.
HMRC is responsible for making sure that the money is available to fund the UK’s public services and for helping families and individuals with targeted financial support.
E-mail has been sent