lunch! – the award-winning trade event for the UK’s £14.9bn lunch market – opens at 10am tomorrow (Tuesday 23 September) at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London.
Renowned for attracting key buyers and decision makers from across the retailing, hospitality, snacking, convenience, and catering sectors, over 6,000 attendees are expected to visit lunch! over 23-24 September.
lunch! 2014 will feature an unprecedented 300 exhibiting companies showcasing food, drink, packaging, catering equipment and technology. Coca Cola Enterprises, Wine Innovations, Mr Sherick’s Shakes, teapigs, Baxters Food Group, Cuisine Solutions Europe, RAP, Broderick's, Pidy, Vita Coco, Tideford Organic Foods, Metcalfe's skinny, Butterware, Barclaycard, Biopac (UK), The Jelly Bean Factory, popchips, Wholebake, and Nestlé Professional Food.
The full exhibitor list is available online at https://onlineexhibitormanual.com/divlunch14/Exhi/exhibitorList.aspx.
Free Working lunch! Theatre
Full timings and seminar summaries for the two day Working lunch! programme (sponsored by Magrini) are available at www.lunchshow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/lunchTheatre.pdf.
Tuesday 23 September:
- Emma Read, director of marketing and business development, Horizons: Lunch as we knew it… A post-recession review of the lunch market, and how operators are reacting to reflect changing consumer demands
- Sarah Doyle, brand director, EAT.: Creating an appetite for change
- Café Society session hosted by Gethin Evans: The Café Life Sandwich Challenge Final 2014
- The British Smoothie Championships 2014 (sponsored by Magrini)
- Café Society session hosted by Gethin Evans: Tetley Afternoon Tea Experience Final 2014
- Henry Dimbleby, co-founder, Leon & The Sustainable Restaurant Association: Leon – a good business makes good business sense
- Richard Garcia, founder & owner, Cook and Garcia: How to become the best independent sandwich shop in the UK.
- Corrado Accardi, founder & CEO, Pizza Rossa and Darren Westlake, CEO & co-founder, Crowdcube: Taking a slice of success through crowdfunding – The Pizza Rossa story
Wednesday 24 September:
- Cyril Lavenant, Director UK & France Foodservice, The NPD Group: Food-To-Go – London versus the rest of the UK
- Steve Flanagan, director, marketing and category, Starbucks UK: Working up an appetite at Starbucks
- Tim Hall, creator, Pod: Pod – past, present and future
- Susanne Currid, marketing consultant and social media coach, The Loop: Engage, grow and profit with social media
- The Innovation Challenge Live 2014: The Pitches
- Martin Hambleton, head of procurement and innovation, En Route International (formerly of EAT and Elior): The buying masterclass – innovation anecdotes for a modern buyer
- The Innovation Challenge Live 2014: The Results
- Chaired by Martyn Herriott, Executive Chairman, Beverage Standards Association: How to improve hot beverages and profit in your business
- Wendy Duncan, technical director, Unilever Food Solutions: An allergens legislation update: what you need to know and do now
The show’s free Keynotes, the popular 30-stand Innovation Zone, the annual British Smoothie Championships, and the Innovation Challenge Showcase are all located on the show’s aptly-named Upper Feature Level.
The new lunch! show app for 2014 (sponsored by The NPD Group) includes everything visitors will need to start planning their time at the show in advance; including a map to the venue, exhibitor details, floor plan, and the Working lunch! Theatre listings. To download, please follow this link: http://eventmobi.com/lunch2014.
lunch! is free to attend for pre-registered trade visitors and relevant press representatives only. Advance registration closes when the show opens at 10am tomorrow on Tuesday 23 September (after which a £20 door charge may apply). To register for a free trade pass to lunch!, taking place on 23-24 September at the Business Design Centre in London, please visit www.lunchshow.co.uk and quote priority code PR (direct link: http://www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/Lunch.aspx?TrackingCode=PR).
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Emma-Louise Jones, PR Manager
Editorial representatives of relevant trade and consumer media (including freelancers) are invited to apply for press passes to lunch! via email to email@example.com before 5pm today - Monday 22 September. (Please note, additional details may be requested to verify journalistic activity and all press passes are issued at the management’s discretion.)
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Chris Brazier, Group Event Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645123
lunch! won Best Trade Show at the Exhibition News Awards in February 2014. It was shortlisted for ‘Best UK Tradeshow Exhibition over 2,000sq.m’ and ‘‘Best Marketing Campaign of the Year’ by the Association of Event Organisers in its annual AEO Excellence Awards 2014. lunch! won Best Marketing Campaign of the Year in 2012 and was named Best UK Trade Show Exhibition under 2,000sqm for two years running in 2010 and 2011 at the AEO Excellence Awards.
High res images are available on request.
Diversified Communications UK (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, Leamington Spa, and Nailsworth, Glos. In addition to lunch!, Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Casual Dining; Natural Food Show at Natural & Organic Products Europe; Natural and Organic Awards; Nordic Organic Food Fair in Malmö, Sweden (co-located with Natural Products Scandinavia); camexpo; Natural Products magazine; Natural Beauty Yearbook; office*; Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); OceanBuzz; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference (in Philadelphia, USA); SITS: The Service Desk & IT Support Show; ServiceDesk360; Euro Bus Expo; Coach and Bus Live; Best of Britain & Ireland; The Route One Operator Excellence Awards; The National Coach Tourism Awards; Route One magazine; and Coach Monthly. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, eMedia, publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 800 staff, with divisions in the Eastern United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com