By bringing the wow factor to the workplace, the design savvy, Mayfair-based business, Ventia, has beaten hundreds to be crowned Small Business of the Year at this year’s Nectar Business Small Business Awards.
Boasting business prowess and glowing customer testimonials, the chic, boutique serviced office provider amazed the judging panel* including star of BBC1’s Dragon’s Den, Sarah Willingham.
Sarah commented: “Ventia is a really deserving winner of Nectar Business’s Small Business of the Year prize. Their success from design led conversions of period buildings into unique office spaces is inspired.
“Britain has a great entrepreneurial appetite and SMEs are the backbone of our economy. I really was wowed by this year’s Nectar Business Small Business Award winners. All six winners reiterate that with hard work and a clear vision, anything’s possible. I hope that their achievements will motivate others to activate their own business ideas.”
Steve Baker, founder of Ventia said: “It’s brilliant to have recognition in our sector and this win endorses the strength of our business - something which will not only help us reinforce relationships with our clients, but will also support our future business strategy.”
Steve will join the winners of the Awards’ five other categories at the Nectar Business Round Table event and Awards ceremony, hosted by the lead judge, Sarah Willingham, on 10th November. Other winners include:
- Innovation of the Year: next-generation router software provider, Netduma Ltd
- Home Grown Business of the Year: school-to-home communication facilitator, Jigsaw School Apps
- Entrepreneur of the Year: online bespoke jewellery boutique owners, Beatrice and Arnaud de Montille, Merci Maman
- Tradesperson of the Year: family owned plumbing & heating company, Lewis Howard, C & J Heating and Plumbing Ltd
- Contribution to the Community: app provider for people with disabilities,Therapy Box Ltd
Will Shuckburgh, Nectar Managing Director said: “These winners have great passion, dynamic vision and proven success – I’m sold! The breadth of the industries and sectors that our winners represent just goes to show how much creativity we have in Britain.”
For further details on the Nectar Business Small Business Awards 2015, please visit www.nectar.com/smallbusiness.
For more press information or images please contact the Nectar Business PR team on:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 479 0910
Notes to editors
Nectar Business Small Business Awards Social Media:
*The awards were judged by a panel of experts, including:
- Sarah Willingham
- Will Shuckburgh, Nectar Managing Director
- Adam Collett, Marketing Director at Brakes
- Allan Dickson, Director of Commercial at Dulux Decorating Centre
- Melissa Snover, previous Nectar Business Small Business Awards winner
The six Nectar Business Small Business Awards included:
1.Small Business of the Year
2.Innovation of the Year
3.Home Grown Business of the Year
4.Entrepreneur of the Year
5.Tradesperson of the Year
6.Contribution to the Community
Awards 1-5 were judged solely on the feedback of the judges. The sixth award, Contribution to the Community Award, was also open to public vote at facebook.com/nectarbusiness. The public acted as a sixth judge assisting the panel of judges in choosing a winner.
Case studies of the 2014 Nectar Business Small Business Awards winners are available.