The search is on to find the UK’s savviest family, as Nectar launches its annual money-saving advice competition – Nectar Savvy Family – to encourage the nation to act smarter when it comes to saving and spending.
Nectar, along with TV property presenter, Sarah Beeny, will launch a nationwide hunt to find up to eight families to showcase their savvy style and share their top money-spinning tips, including everything from cutting the weekly shopping bill to entertaining the kids for free.
The family deemed the ‘savviest’ will be treated to a £10,000 prize package bonanza from Nectar and its partners.
· What: Nectar Savvy Family is an annual competition to find the UK’s savviest family, encouraging the nation to act smarter with their cash. Families are invited to enter by simply completing an online questionnaire on the Nectar Savvy Family website (www.nectar.com/savvy) and share their hints and tips on a dedicated blog for six weeks.
· Who: The competition is hosted by Nectar, the UK’s largest loyalty programme, with judges, property developer and TV presenter Sarah Beeny, consumer champion, money saving expert and founder of letssavesomemoney.com, Sarah Willingham, and Nectar Managing Director, Will Shuckburgh.
· Where: Up to eight families will be selected to showcase their money-saving savviness, with their tips shared via social media and blogs hosted on nectar.com/savvy, along with posts written by Sarah Willingham, who will reveal how her own family make their money stretch further.
· When: Families have until 16 March to enter, with the winning family being announced in May 2014.
· How: During the six week blogging period, families will offer advice based on different weekly themes including: Leisure and Hobbies; Holidays and Activities and Household/DIY. Special weekly themes include Food and Shopping where families will respond to a challenge posed by Nectar partner, Sainsbury’s; and Recycle and Reuse where families will be asked to take on a challenge set by another of the Nectar partners, eBay. The focus for the sixth and final week of blogging will be decided by the Nectar Facebook community, which will be asked to suggest a ‘surprise’ theme for the families to respond to.
· Why: The family deemed the ‘savviest’ will be treated to a £10,000 prize package from Nectar partners, including the following:
o Family holiday worth up to £3,000 from Expedia
o £1,000 gift card from Sainsbury’s
o £1,000 to spend on eBay
o £500 gift card from Homebase
o Four return flights to Alicante from easyJet
o 32” TV and iPod nano from American Express
o £500 gift card from Vision Express
o 100,000 Nectar points from BP
o Merlin Entertainments family annual pass
o English Heritage annual joint adult membership
o Hive Active Heating ™by British Gas
o A choice of any six annual magazine subscriptions as featured on nectar.com/spend
o Joint annual Royal Horticultural Society membership PLUS two tickets to a Royal Horticultural Society Flower show (Hampton Court Flower Show or Tatton Park Flower Show. Children go free)
o 200,000 Nectar points from Nectar
Sarah Beeny said; "I’m thrilled to be part of the Nectar Savvy Family judging panel again this year. I believe in encouraging families to share their savviness through this competition; to help inspire the next generation to get better value and thousands of pounds more in their daily lives, just from being smarter with money.
“I find that once a family gets behind being savvier with money, they start to enjoy it and everyone enjoys having a bit more money in their pocket. It is a hard job juggling the purse strings and keeping the family happy, but I believe that you can have your cake and eat it.”
Will Shuckburgh, Nectar Managing Director adds: "In today's grey world where weekly budgets keep on getting tighter and tighter, savviness adds a big dash of colour to families' lives. It's not just about hunting around for one off savings but a mind set to keep thinking of new, fun and inventive ways to make each pound go a little bit further.
“At Nectar our customers have been coming up with surprising ways to do just that as part of our Nectar Savvy Family campaign since 2009. It has become an institution where families show off their best ideas and win some incredible prizes from Nectar's partners."Families wishing to enter Nectar Savvy Family 2014 and be in with a chance of winning this amazing £10,000 prize package can find out more and apply now at www.nectar.com/savvy.
For more press information, case studies or images please contact the Nectar PR team on:
email@example.com / 0207 479 0910
Nectar, the United Kingdom’s leading coalition loyalty programme, is owned by Aimia, a global leader in loyalty management.
In 2012, Nectar celebrated 10 years of rewarding British shoppers and has given back £2billion of rewards to collectors, including money off shopping, travel, days out and cinema tickets.
19 million collectors earn Nectar points when shopping for groceries, doing DIY, booking a holiday, paying household bills, buying petrol and even getting their car serviced. Collectors also earn Nectar points every time they shop online via nectar.com at over 500 leading online retailers.
Nectar was awarded the “Best card-based loyalty programme” at the 2012 and 2013 Loyalty Awards for Europe and the Middle East.
For more information about Nectar, please visit: www.nectar.com.