Airline to commence twice-weekly service with fares from £165 one-way
New Tampa route joins increased flights to Orlando and Fort Lauderdale
Norwegian’s nonstop service to Tampa Bay has commenced today offering consumers an affordable way to access Florida’s west coast with fares from £165 one way in economy and £519 in Premium.
The new twice-weekly service from London Gatwick to Tampa International Airport (TPA) offers holidaymakers a convenient nonstop service with direct access to Florida’s Gulf coast, as well as offering passengers more choice and flexibility when travelling to the sunshine state with Norwegian.
Flights to the hip, urban heart of Florida’s Gulf - Tampa Bay, will allow passengers to explore the city’s world-famous attractions, award-winning restaurants and vibrant neighbourhoods, before exploring St. Pete/Clearwater with 35 miles of award-winning white-sandy beaches, exotic nature trails, culture and arts.
In addition to the twice weekly service to Tampa, Norwegian has also increased its winter services to other Florida destinations from London Gatwick. The airline now offers a daily service to Fort Lauderdale, increasing from three flights per week and five weekly flights to Orlando up from three per week, giving more choice to travellers seeking a relaxing beach holiday, with 14 flights per week to Florida it is even easier to visit its world-famous family adventure parks.
As well as offering customers greater choice to Florida, Norwegian has also increased frequencies this winter to other parts of the world:
Daily service to Buenos Aires – In response to strong demand for the London Gatwick to Buenos Aires route, services have increased from four flights a week to a daily service providing customers with greater flexibility and convenience. The launch of Norwegian’s domestic flights from Buenos Aires will allow passengers to fly affordably across the country. Lowest fares are now available from £265 in economy or passengers can fly in enhanced comfort in the Premium cabin from £640 one way.
Four weekly flights to Las Vegas – For high rollers, Las Vegas returns this winter with two additional weekly services. Fares start from £165 in economy and £520 in Premium one way.
Daily service to Boston – Services to Boston will increase from five flights a week to a daily service. Fares start from £145 in economy and £420 in Premium one way.
Matthew Wood, SVP Commercial said: “We are delighted to offer passengers another affordable route to the USA with the addition of Tampa, Florida. This winter we are continuing to offer consumers greater choice and flexibility when flying Norwegian with more flights to our most popular destinations.
“Whether travelling for work or leisure, our modern fleet of aircraft allow customers to enjoy their trip from the moment they step on board by flying in high-quality, fuel-efficient aircraft, that are unmatched on transatlantic flights.”
Guy Stephenson, Gatwick Airport, Chief Commercial Officer said: “Gatwick is committed to providing unrivalled choice for passengers and Norwegian’s new route bolsters our existing Tampa and Florida connections. This is a very welcome addition to Gatwick’s network of over 220 destinations, including over 60 long haul services. We are also delighted that passenger demand has driven yet more choice with now daily services to Boston and Buenos Aires.”
Norwegian’s long-haul flights from London Gatwick are operated by brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft offering up to 344 seats in a two-class configuration, economy and Premium. A new extended Premium cabin has been introduced, with 60% more seats for passengers wanting an enhanced experience. The new 56-seat cabin configuration offers passengers more than a metre of legroom, complimentary meal service and drinks, generous baggage allowance and lounge access at selected airports.
Norwegian carries more than 5.8 million UK passengers each year to over 50 global destinations. The airline has one of the youngest and most fuel-efficient fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years. Norwegian has been named ‘World’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline’ for the fourth consecutive year and ‘Best Low-Cost Airline in Europe’ for the sixth year in a row at the renowned Skytrax World Airline Awards.
Book now – visit www.norwegian.com/uk or call 03308 280854
Notes to editors:
Fares are per person and based on the lowest available one-way fare incl. taxes and charges.
Flight schedule: London Gatwick - Tampa - local times:
DI 7165 Departs London 14:55 Arrives Tampa 19:35 - Wednesdays and Saturdays
DI 7166 Departs Tampa 21:00 Arrives London Gatwick 09:55+1 - Wednesdays and Saturdays
Passengers travelling in the Premium cabin can enjoy:
- Dedicated Premium check-in
- Lounge access at selected airports
- Fast Track security where available
- Comfortable seat in the Premium cabin with over a metre of legroom
- Two checked bags x 20 kg included
- Seat reservation at time of booking
- Complimentary drinks which can be ordered through the in-flight entertainment system
- Pre-meal drinks
- Premium three-course meal including drinks
- Second lighter service or breakfast
- USB charger and power outlet by your seat
- State-of-the-art touch screen entertainment system
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights