Award-winning 5 Gold Anchor marina joins expanding network of destinations listed on innovative community platform informing boaters about the best berthing spots and anchorages
Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus has announced a new collaboration with the innovative community cruising guide Navily.
The 5 Gold Anchor marina has joined more than 600 other partner ports on the popular social platform which aims to help boat owners and crew find the best anchorages and easily book a berth, while enabling users to submit testimonies for the shared value of the entire Navily community.
As the first marina in Cyprus and among the first in the Eastern Mediterranean to collaborate with Navily, Karpaz Gate Marina has signed up for the partnership as part of the development of an enhanced digital communications strategy to inform and engage with boaters and visitors about its premium services and facilities, raise awareness about North Cyprus, and facilitate customer booking and interaction.
The agreement finalised in May includes the addition of Karpaz Gate Marina on the Navily app and website listings which are available to view for over 110,000 users. Boaters can rank their stay and share information, plus they can add and view information about nearby anchorages and mooring spots around the fascinating North Cyprus coastline. Boat owners interested in visiting or berthing at the award-winning Karpaz peninsula marina can also opt to use the Navily booking service that allows boaters to send a short and long-term booking request via a simple feature on their phone or tablet.
Liza Singer, Managing Director for Karpaz Gate Marina, said: “We are constantly looking for new ways to communicate and engage with our clients and visitors. The partnership with Navily is just one of several new innovative tools and digital platforms we are planning to implement in the coming months as part of our updated strategy to make life as easy and hassle free as possible for our clients and to further spread the word to boaters about our unique offering and stunning location here at Karpaz Gate Marina. The cruising area in North Cyprus is still relatively unknown so we welcome boaters to visit us, discover this region and share their experiences via the Navily app.”
As both a cruising guide and reservation tool, Navily centralises reliable and recent information, offering boaters easily accessible information on marinas and anchorages through testimonies. More than 20,000 anchorages around the world have been shared by the Navily community. Using Navily’s anchorage spot feature, boaters can browse the map and view a colour classification for each location and a rating for each marina based on user opinions. In a few clicks, boaters can reserve a place at their chosen marina.
Petra Jeric, Area Manager for the Eastern Mediterranean for Navily, said: “We are proud to announce our collaboration with Karpaz Gate Marina – our first partnership with a marina from Cyprus. Karpaz Gate Marina is the most exclusive marina on the island and I am sure that our community will recognize the high standard of services provided and the beauty of the island.
“The new collaboration forms part of the expansion of our services in the Eastern Mediterranean following our success as the leading cruising guide in Western Europe. In just three months, more than fifty marinas from the region have joined Navily, largely from Croatia and Montenegro. We are now expecting more Greek and Turkish marinas to join us before the summer season.”
Official Port of Entry Karpaz Gate Marina opened in 2011 and achieved 5 Gold Anchor Status in 2013, TYHA International Marina of the Year in 2017 and TYHA International Marina of the Year Runner-Up in 2018/19. The marina caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Private Gallery Club, gym, children’s play area and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar. The Karpaz Gate Marina Technical Centre, with 300-ton capacity travel lift and 18,000 square metre dry dock area, meets demand for a range of requests from maintenance work to hull painting and teak replacement.
The Navily app is available to download on iOS and Android at www.navily.com.
For more information about Karpaz Gate Marina, telephone the marina office on +90 533 833 7878 or email email@example.com.
For further press information, contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2018/19 International Marina of the Year Runner-up and the 2017 International Marina of the Year Winner; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
2019 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; VIP care package; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock; Stay 1 week, pay for 5 days; Fuel costs incentives
*Terms and Conditions apply