North Cyprus haven is praised by The Yacht Harbour Association in 2019 assessment for its high standards of facilities and customer service
Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus has retained its prestigious 5 Gold Anchor award following a rigorous assessment by The Yacht Harbour Association (TYHA). The internationally recognised industry accreditation officially endorses the Karpaz peninsula marina’s exceptional standards of facilities, customer service, operational efficiency and commitment to the environment.
Following the 2019 review, the TYHA assessor praised the marina for its high-quality offering for sailors on a stunning stretch of coastline on the north east peninsula of the island. The report also highlighted the positive impact and benefits that are anticipated when the new Karpaz Gate Marina hotel opens in 2020.
The award reflects Karpaz Gate Marina and North Cyprus’s growing reputation among boat owners as one of the premier home ports and most appealing destinations in the Mediterranean due to its unique offering of full-service capabilities, leisure and technical facilities, premium service, safe berthing and beautiful location, all at attractive prices.
Tony Dye, TYHA Gold Anchor Scheme assessor, said: “Karpaz Gate Marina staff work hard to maintain an excellent facility. The overall presentation of the marina was very high, together with high levels of customer service which is borne out by the recent Mystery Shopper survey. The addition of a high-quality hotel in 2020 will only enhance the facility.”
The Gold Anchor scheme has been auditing marinas throughout the world for more than 25 years and considers all operational, facility and customer service aspects of running a modern marina. The assessment also gains feedback directly from customers and utilises a mystery shop process to gain valuable insights into the customer experience delivered.
Jon White, General Manager of The Yacht Harbour Association, said: “I am very pleased to confirm that Karpaz Gate Marina and the team of professionals that run it have again achieved an outstanding accreditation level of 5 Gold Anchors. The Gold Anchor scheme utilises expert assessors to evaluate marinas against an exacting standard. My congratulations to the team for this excellent achievement and for providing such a high-quality experience for their customers.”
Liza Singer, Managing Director of Karpaz Gate Marina, said: “We are very proud to receive this recognition to prove that we are achieving the highest standards for our berth holders and clients. The award is due to all the hard work of the entire team who strive to ensure that our customers come first. With exciting new developments in progress at the marina with the opening of our hotel, hammam and spa next year, we are looking forward to welcoming more people to this beautiful corner of the Mediterranean.”
A winner in both the 2017 and the 2018/19 TYHA Marina of the Year Awards, Karpaz Gate Marina is once again in contention for recognition in this year’s awards with voting taking place via TYHA website until 25 August.
Karpaz Gate Marina caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Private Gallery Club, gym, children’s play area and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar. Whether on an annual contract or visiting for a short period, owners can take advantage of a range of maintenance, repair, carpentry, mechanical and electrical services available at the marina’s on-site boat yard. The technical team deals with individual requests in addition to supplying standard options, including: engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works, teak and wood works including deck repair and replacement, yacht painting, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing.
Karpaz Gate Marina offers both Eurodiesel and Gasoline at its on-site fuel station at a significantly lower cost compared to other countries in the region, enjoying the attractive north Cypriot fuel prices. The additional advantage of the Marina’s duty-free status then provides an even greater saving to foreign registered boats’ owners.
Berthing incentives and packages for 2019 include extra flexibility for long-term berth-holders and contract discounts for motor yachts to cover any fuel costs incurred during the trip to North Cyprus.
To discuss the best individually-tailored berthing package, please telephone the marina office on +90 0533 833 7878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2019 Price List and further information is available on the website at www.karpazbay.com. Meet a representative from Karpaz Gate Marina at this year’s Southampton Boat Show on the Which Marina Stand J150.
For further press information, please contact:
Karpaz Gate Marina
Office Tel: +90 533 833 7878
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2018/19 International Marina of the Year Runner-up and the 2017 International Marina of the Year Winner; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013 and renewed in July 2019; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Low cost Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
2019 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; VIP care package; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock; Stay 1 week, pay for 5 days; Fuel costs incentives
*Terms and Conditions apply
- Hotel: A luxury boutique hotel, hammam and spa is scheduled to launch in 2020 offering high-end facilities on the sea-front overlooking the marina