SkiStar has developed its new digital platforms with a focus on customer requests, simplicity and inspiration. From a 360 perspective, the entire customer journey is covered, from idea to booking and stay at a SkiStar ski resort. The goal of the development is to make it easier for the customer to find information and book, whether it happens on a computer, an iPad or a mobile device.
- We want to make the planning of a ski vacation as smooth as possible for our customers, whether it’s finding information to inspiration for booking stays or buying SkiPass. At the same time, we want to provide our customers with information during their ski vacations. By developing MySkiStar to a digital guide for the guest, we hope to be able to give our guests easy access to any information during their stay, and provide an opportunity for added value, says Mathias Lindström, director of sales and marketing at SkiStar.
Skistar.com is available in several languages, including English, and has over 14 million visits per year. Over 70 percent book their vacation stays online. Most of the functionality has been developed, and skistar.com has a new design and structure, which are being launched now. Part of making the customers’ online journey easier is that MySkiStar is being developed into something more than a fun app in the slopes. MySkiStar now also covers information about happenings in SkiStar resorts, and the app and website make the information clearer and more accessible during the stay. MySkiStar is also SkiStar’s members’ club, with over 750.000 members.
- Customer requests have been important during the development of our digital platforms. To us, it’s a given that both web and mobile are prioritized equally. These days, the website is largely used for planning and booking, and during the stay, the cell phone in the customer’s jacket pocket is the dominating endpoint, says Mathias Lindström.
- Easier to locate information
- Simplified booking
- Works just as well on mobile as computer
- Adapted to requests from our guests
About MySkiStar (web and app):
- See information about slope conditions (webcams, temperatures from our own weather stations in the slopes, and opening hours).
- Se how many passes you’ve made, and where your friends are
- See where and when Valle is in our skiing areas
- See where and when the after ski is happening
- See bookings and check-in information
- Receive unique member offers and early information
- Free access to MySkiStar WiFi by Telenor at selected locations in our resorts.
- Bonus on all online purchases
- Added value when you top up your SkiPass
All SkiStar apps are available in English
SkiStar in brief:
SkiStar AB (publ.) is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm stock exchange, Mid Cap segment. The group owns and operates ski resorts in Sälen, Åre, Vemdalen, and Hammarbybacken (Stockholm) in Sweden, Hemsedal and Trysil in Norway, and St Johann in Tirol in Austria. Market share is 50% in Sweden, 31% in Norway and a total of 41% in Scandinavia. Our core business is alpine skiing, and our main focus is the overall ski experience of our guests. The business is divided into three segments; Ski resorts – Operation, Infrastructure and Development.
Images and videos in SkiStar's Newsroom can be freely used along with information about SkiStar and/or SkiStar's destinations and products.