Two men have been arrested on suspicion of dealing drugs after we paid them a surprise visit at an address in Walton-on-Thames last week.
After using our special key to enter the address, we carried out a search and found drugs, weapons and a bottle containing a noxious substance.
The men, who are from Walton-on-Thames and aged 28 and 40, were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs. They have since been released under investigation.
The arrests were the result of a joint effort by the Elmbridge proactive crime team and the neighbourhood policing team.
Inspector Dallas McDermott, Borough Commander for Elmbridge, said: “Our teams work 24/7 to keep our local communities safe.
“This includes tackling anyone we believe to be involved in dealing drugs. We would urge the public to continue reporting any concerns they might have to us as this information can help us build a picture of local activity and identify possible offenders.
“My message to those involved in the supply of drugs in Elmbridge is simple: We may well come knocking at your door next."
If you are concerned about drug use or drug dealing in your area, contact us on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. In an emergency, always dial 999.
What are the signs of potential drug dealing?
- Lots of visitors, who don’t stay very long, arriving at all times of the day and night
- People waiting in cars outside particular properties exchanging small packets or cash
- Lots of visitors bringing items such as T.V's or bikes but leaving empty handed
- Lone/vulnerable neighbours suddenly having groups of young men living at their address.
What we want to know:
- Time, date and place
- Vehicle registrations and the make, model and colour
- Descriptions of people and details of what they were doing
- Direction they travelling to and from
- How many times you have seen them – is it always at the same time of day?
Don’t put yourself at risk while gathering this information. Please always pass the information to the police and do not confront or approach suspected drug dealers.