Raffle at Stockport Station to raise funds for Dogs4Rescue
- Several prizes on offer including a stay at a Swiss resort
- Tickets and fundraising will take place in August
A stay at an exclusive resort in Switzerland, signed football shirts and a pair of First-Class tickets on Virgin Trains, are just some of the prizes to be won in a raffle being held at Stockport station in aid of a charity for homeless dogs.
The raffle and fundraising will be taking place at the station in aid of Dogs4Rescue this weekend (August 3) and later in August. Members of the public are being invited to take part and also enjoy a cupcake.
Prizes have been donated to the raffle for the Manchester based charity that houses homeless dogs in a kennel free environment.
It is the UK's first free running rescue where the dogs have their own log cabins around the site and choose where to sleep and shelter alongside farmyard animals before they find their new owners.
Dogs4Rescue have taken in and rehomed more than 1,200 dogs from across the United Kingdom and Europe in the five years since the charity was formed.
Supporter of the charity, Adrienne Nankivell, Head of Offline Channels, at Virgin Trains, has organised the fundraising drive.
She volunteers her time to support the charity and has adopted three dogs in the past three years.
Adrienne said: “The aim of this charity is to change the perception many people hold towards rescue dogs which are often unfairly labelled as “damaged goods” as some wrongly believe they can be undisciplined and destructive.
“The space at Dogs4Rescue is cage-free, giving dogs the structure they need as well as the time to adapt in a fun, caring foster home.
“Being a dog lover, it’s a charity which is very close to my heart. They rely solely on donations and fundraising. I really wanted to do something to help.”
Founder of Dogs4Rescue, Emma Billington, said: “We are pioneering a new kennel-free model for dog rescue and are so grateful to be supported by Adrienne who has organised this event. Everyone who buys a ticket is helping to rescue a dog in need.”
Top prize is a two-night stay at Richard Branson’s Verbier Lodge in Switzerland with stunning view of The Alps.
The raffle and fundraising will take place at Stockport Station on Saturday, 3 August and Saturday, 24 August between 9am and 2pm.
For more information on Dogs4Rescue visit: https://dogs4rescue.co.uk/
NOTES FOR EDITORS - PRIZES ON OFFER*
- Two night stay at Sir Richard Branson’s mountain retreat – The Lodge in Verbier: https://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/the-lodge
- Dinner, Bed & breakfast at Hotel Football with two match tickets
- Dinner, bed, breakfast and a personal fitness training session at Native Apartments in Manchester
- Voucher for £130 for the new fitness studio, Blok in Manchester
- A six-month family pass for the Chill Factore in Manchester
- Champagne dinner for two at the Lowry hotel in Manchester
- Manchester United first team 2019 signed shirt
- Manchester City first team 2019 signed shirt
- Manchester United shirt signed by Marcus Rashford
- Manchester United shirt signed by Eric Bailly
- Afternoon tea at the Malmaison
- A pair of First-Class train tickets with Virgin Trains
- Professional wash cut and blow dry by Jennifer Ashley, based in Manchester
- Professional make up session by Abby Victoria, based in Manchester
*Prizes subject to terms and conditions. The draw will made on September 30.