Grab a bargain with half a million discounted tickets on Virgin Trains
- 50 per cent seat sale on first and standard class tickets
- Discounted tickets on sale August 22-28
Whether you fancy a late summer break, an autumn staycation or are even thinking about exploring Christmas markets, look no further than Virgin Trains’ half price seat sale. Between Tuesday August 22 and Monday August 28, you can bag huge discounts on selected advance tickets for travel between September 11 and December 20* to destinations along the east coast.
With half a million tickets up for grabs, there’s never been a better time to enjoy a trip to Britain’s vibrant east coast. From the cobbled streets of Edinburgh, to the bustling nightlife in Leeds, you can get to these and many more destinations along the route in style and comfort for half the usual price.
Discounted fares include the below Advance Single tickets:
- Leeds-London (Standard Class normally from £16, now £8)
- Edinburgh to London (Standard class normally from £40, now £20)
- Newcastle to London (Standard Class normally from £36, now from £18)
David Horne, Managing Director at Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “Late summer, autumn and winter are great times to get away and explore the UK. With so many exciting cities on our east coast route, we’re delighted to be offering our customers the chance to travel in style for less. We’re sure tickets will sell out quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!”
Discounted tickets will be available to book from 10.00 on August 22, only at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/halfprice and thetrainline.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Travel is from 11 September to 20 December 2017 (weekends are only available up to 5 November) inclusive, excluding 21-29 October 2017 (inclusive).
- For travel on Virgin Trains East Coast services and connections only.
- Book by 23.59 on 28 August 2017 only at www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/halfprice or www.thetrainline.com
- At least 500,000 of our lowest Advance tickets (420,000 standard and 80,000 First Class) will be made available for across the travel period and are subject to availability.
- Limited availability on peak services and at weekends.
- Availability is also extremely limited on the following dates due to planned engineering work:
- London <> Scotland services reduced to an hourly service on 16, 17, 23, 30 September and 7 October 2017
- Engineering work in the Peterborough area leading to a reduction in services to/from London with some connecting bus journeys applying on 28, 29 October and 4, 5 November 2017
- For more information on engineering works click here: www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/travel-information/timetable-changes/
- No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards and e-vouchers.
- Full Virgin Trains East Coast Advance terms and conditions apply and can be found here: www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/advance.
About Virgin Trains:
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. We have already invested over £40m in our existing fleet, including £21m refurbishing the interiors and £16m towards improving the engines of our trains. Customers can now benefit from 42 additional services between Edinburgh and London every week, and an extra 22 Saturday services between Leeds and London – a total of 1.74 million additional seats since May 2016. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo - from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
Press Office: 0845 000 3333.