- Every day a lucky customer will get a free First Class journey anywhere on the West Coast route. At the end of their journey, the ticket then will be passed to the next customer to travel with
- The ticket will be passed on from person to person and co-ordinated via social media for all journeys
- The ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ will live on forever as long as the social media community keeps it alive
- To enter, customers must tweet @VirginTrains where they want to go and why
Virgin Trains has today unveiled the world’s first ‘Never-Ending Ticket’, a special First Class ticket which will be continuously passed between customers, allowing each passenger a complimentary First Class journey with Virgin Trains on the West Coast.
Whether it’s a business trip, a visit to friends at university, or a trip to explore some of the best cities Britain has to offer, Virgin Trains’ ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ is the most unique way to travel the length of the UK.
To use the ‘Never-Ending Ticket’, customers must take part in the game by tracking its movements along the route and then tweet @VirginTrains with the hashtag #NeverEndingTicket, along with their reason for travelling and where they would like to go. @VirginTrains will then pick a winner at random and arrange for them to collect the ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ from the last lucky person who used it. The process will then repeat itself again and again as the ticket goes on an amazing continuous journey around the West Coast route. The ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ will live on and on as long as the social media community keep it alive. The ticket will be allowed three fails before the relay ends so this really is a game that lives and dies by our customers’ involvement.
Patrick McCall, Co-Chairman for Virgin Trains, said, “Virgin Trains’ ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ is the first of its kind in the world and will give more people the opportunity to travel to some of the amazing destinations that we have on our route. We can’t wait for the social community to get in on the game and help the ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ to live as long as possible, whilst celebrating the personality and fun that has made Virgin Trains famous. Let’s see how long our customers can keep it going!”
Virgin Trains’ ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ works as follows:
- 1.@VirginTrains will tweet where the ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ is located.
- 2.Customers travelling from that area can tweet @VirginTrains with #NeverEndingTicket, where they want to go, and why.
- 3.Virgin Trains will pick a winner at random and alert the winner, with instructions on where and how to pick up the ticket.
- 4.Once the customer has defined their final destination, @VirginTrains will then again announce where the ticket is headed, and customers in that area will have the chance to enter to pick up the ticket and continue its journey.
- 5.Once a new winner is chosen, Virgin Trains will advise on how the ticket is handed over from winner to winner.
- 6.And the process repeats and repeats and repeats.
- 7.The ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ will fail if it remains uncollected or inactive for a 24 hour period. The ticket will be allowed three fails before the game ends.
- 8.The ‘Never-Ending Ticket’ is only for use on Virgin Trains on the West Coast.
Terms & Conditions
1. The Never Ending Ticket is a complimentary First Class train ticket along Virgin Trains West Coast.
2. To enter this promotion, you must be at least 18 years old.
3. To enter this promotion, you must tweet @VirginTrains, using #NeverEndingTicket and the journey details you wish to
take by 10pm the day before the requested journey.
4. Each winner of The Never Ending Ticket will be chosen at random.
5. By accepting The Never Ending Ticket, the winners agree to take a picture of themselves handing over ‘The NeverEnding Ticket’ and post it on
their Twitter page tagging @VirginTrains. They also agree to participate in any other publicity that the promoter may require.
6. At the end of each completed journey, the accompanying oversized Never Ending Ticket must either be passed on to the next winner to make
their journey or returned the station ticket office if the next winner is yet to be chosen. Once this has been completed and a picture uploaded
to Twitter tagging @VirginTrains, Virgin Trains will contact the customer to validate their return journey.
7. The Never Ending Ticket will expire if it is not used within 24 hours.
8. The Never Ending Ticket will only be allowed to expire three times. After the third ticket expires, the game will end.
9. The selection of who next gets the ticket is random and the judges decision is final. Virgin Trains may, at its sole discretion, substitute
any offer for a prize of a similar nature and/or comparable value. A cash alternative is not available and the prize is non-refundable and nontransferable.
We do not accept responsibility for any items lost or damaged in the post after leaving our office.
10. If a customer misses their train for any reason and still wishes to travel, they must purchase their own ticket.
11. By entering this promotion, the participant will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and be bound by them
and the requirements in any other promotional materials.
12. Employees or agents of Virgin Trains and/or any of its group undertakings are not eligible to enter. Proof of ID might be
required before the prize is awarded.
13. By entering into the promotion, you hereby confirm that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
14. Virgin Trains accepts no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed, whether
or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server failures, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in
accordance with these terms and the website instructions will be acceptable. Failure to action the voucher code within a reasonable time will
result in the voucher code being discontinued.
15. In the event that the winner declines the prize, Virgin Trains may elect, at its own discretion, to select another qualifying entry.
16. The terms and conditions of the supplier of goods and/or services will apply and you must accept and comply with them.
17. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be
disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
18. By submitting any pictures, you are deemed to accept these terms and all other terms and conditions. Virgin Trains reserves the right to alter,
amend or withdraw these terms and/or the competition without prior notice.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales,
whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Trains that can be travelled on are subject to availability at the time of booking. If the customer is unable to reserve a
seat then they must select a different service.
21. This Promotion is organised by Virgin Trains: The Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London, W2 6NB (the promoter).
About Virgin Trains:
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. We have already invested £21m to completely revamp our existing fleet and customers can now benefit from 42 additional services (22,000 extra seats) per week between Edinburgh and London. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo - from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
Press Office: 0845 000 3333.