May 17, 2016
Virgin Trains offers discounts to Lost Village Festival goers
- Virgin Trains is the official travel partner for Lost Village Festival 2016
- Customers can save up to 20 per cent on First and Standard fares to Newark Northgate between now and May 26
- Headline acts include Fatboy Slim, Jack Garratt and DJ Koze
Virgin Trains has discounted fares for festival goers travelling on the East Coast mainline to this summer’s Lost Village Festival.
First and standard class tickets have been discounted by 20 per cent and are available to buy between now and May 26 for travel to and from Newark Northgate between May 27 and 29, 2016.
Held in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside, Lost Village Festival offers an immersive experience with an array of sights, sounds, secret hideaways and Michelin-starred food. Music guests include Fatboy Slim, DJ Koze, Jackmaster, Jack Garratt and Eats Everything.
Phillip Peacock, brand partnerships manager for Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “We’re delighted to be the official travel partner for Lost Village Festival and to be able to send festival goers to Newark Northgate in style. We’re looking forward to giving our customers a great start to this year’s festival and an opportunity to enjoy the speedy, scenic trip to a truly unique experience.”
To purchase tickets and for more information, please visit https://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/special-offers/at-my-destination/lost-village/
Terms and Conditions:
1. The 20% discount is valid on Advance fares only.
2. Discount is available on First Class and Standard Class Virgin Trains East Coast Advance fares only and valid on services operated on the East Coast Mainline to Newark Northgate.
3. Tickets are available for booking online from 4 March until 26 May 2016, for travel between 27 May and 30 May 2016. Please ensure the booking window is open and valid for the date you intend to travel.
4. It’s not valid in conjunction with any other offers or with Railcard discounts.
5. Usual Advance terms and conditions apply*
About Virgin Trains
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. This includes a major fleet revamp, smarter stations and exciting new routes. From May 2016, there will be 42 additional services (22,000 extra seats) per week between Edinburgh and London. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo - from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
Press Office: 0845 000 3333.