MTV EMA season is underway! MTV has revealed the first four nominees for the Best UK & Ireland Act: Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Calvin Harris and One Direction. And for the first time ever, MTV is putting an EMA nomination in the hands of the fans via social media – music lovers everywhere will have the power to help select the fifth nominee for Best UK & Ireland Act.
Fans can tweet and vote from the following list of artists to earn the fifth nominee spot. Remember everyone has to tweet #MTVEMA + one of the below hashtags to vote:
The wild card Twitter vote is open until 14 September 2014 @ 10:59 BST. All “2014 MTV EMA” nominees will be announced and voting will open on 16 September 2014 at 11:00 BST.
The “2014 MTV EMA” will broadcast on MTV channels around the world Sunday, November 9th at 9:00PM CET* from The Hydro in Glasgow. The MTV EMA – MTV’s global celebration of the hottest stars in music – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show.
MTV is the world’s premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.
The 2014 MTV EMA marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland.
Kate Laverge – email@example.com – +1 212 654 4335 – @VIMN_PR
Seema Alibhai – firstname.lastname@example.org – +44 203 580 2106 – @VIMN_PR
Notes to Editors:
- Follow us on twitter: @visitscotnews
- VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
- The organisation has three key roles:
- To market Scotland to all parts of the world to attract visitors
- To provide information – and inspiration – to visitors and potential visitors so they get the best out of a visit to Scotland
- To provide quality assurance to visitors and quality advice to the industry and partners to help the industry meet and strive to exceed customer expectations
- VisitScotland works together with tourism businesses to make tourism a success for everyone and ensure the industry continues to grow.
- The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
- 2014 is the year Scotland welcomes the world, when it hosts the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles and more than 800 Homecoming events throughout the country.For more information on Homecoming Scotland 2014, go to www.visitscotland.com
- The VisitScotland Information Centre network is a unique face-to-face channel engaging with around five million visitors and locals each year. Everyone who uses a VisitScotland Information Centre goes on to spend an additional £5.35, generating over £24 million for Scotland’s economy.
- According to a recent Deloitte study, tourism employs 270,000 people in Scotland in 20,000 diverse businesses. The same study calculates that the industry contributes £11 billion annually (direct and indirect impact, including day visits) and supports around 10 per cent of employment in Scotland. Almost 16 million tourists take overnight trips to Scotland.
- Where possible, a Gaelic speaker will be made available for broadcast interviews on request (Far an tèid iarraidh, agus far am bheil sin nar comas, bruidhinnidh neach le Gàidhlig aig agallamh)
- For holiday information on Scotland go to www.visitscotland.com
- For information about business tourism in Scotland go to www.conventionscotland.com
- For more information on VisitScotland’s annual review please go to www.visitscotland.org/about_us/our_focus/annual_report.aspx