NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (August 18, 2017) — DEWALT has followed the introduction of its toughest 25-foot tape measure yet with a 35-foot version of the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure. Designed for framers and other construction professionals looking for a tape measure to withstand the harshest job sites and extreme use, the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure features a tougher case, tougher blade coating, and tougher hook connection.1
Reengineered from the inside out and built around Dual-Core™ Technology – a patented spring system that utilizes two retracting springs in an impact-resistant, heavy-duty case, the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure is a compact, professional-duty ergonomic tape with a case designed for a better fit in the user’s hand.
Using the new 35-foot model DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure, builders and contractors alike will benefit from DEWALT’s toughest blade yet, which features 13’ of straighter, truer blade standout2, and a tougher hook connection reinforced to reduce breakage near the hook.
Unveiled at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville during the DEWALT Experience 2017, its annual gathering of more than 100 of the industry’s leading media influencers for tools used on professional jobsites, key DEWALT® XPTM Tape Measure features include:
TOUGHER BLADE COATING
- Guaranteed Tough®, the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure features 9" of heavy-duty thermoplastic coating at the beginning of the blade to provide 3X more blade protection than DWHT33975 and reduces blade breakage near the hook.
- Our toughest coating covers the entire blade and protects the paint for long blade life and maximum protection against abrasion, wear and rust1.
- The 1 ¼” wide high-carbon steel blade provides up to 13’ of straighter blade standout for increased reach and efficiency.2
- The impact-resistant PC/ABS and rubber case is engineered to survive drops up to 60 feet.3
- Integrated lock protection guards the lock button when dropped.
- Built-in lanyard slot offers an additional security option.
TOUGHER HOOK CONNECTION
- The DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure features DEWALT’s toughest hook connection1 reinforced to reduce blade breakage.
- The extra-large end hook grabs construction material from all four sides making grabbing objects while taking measurements easy.
- A durable, three-rivet fastened hook connection along with the 9” of thermoplastic coating supports a strong, long life.
The reinforced housing on the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure also has a newly redesigned screw-less belt clip, making it easy to attach, secure, and remove. For increased ease of use across a variety of applications, a new quick-release lock design engages easily and holds the blade tight, while a built-in lanyard slot provides convenience and security for use on elevated jobsites.
The DEWALT® XPTM Tape Measure 35 FT model (DWHT36235S), is available in the U.S. and Canada this fall where DEWALT® products are sold. The DEWALT® XPTM Tape Measure is built in the USA with Global materials.
Since 1922, DEWALT has been committed to uncompromising performance combined with industry-leading innovation. As jobsite needs continue to become more demanding, DEWALT’s quality engineering and design has continued to evolve, becoming one of the most prominent brands on the jobsite. Today professionals turn to DEWALT for advancements that raise the bar of jobsite durability. Such is the case with the DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure.
DEWALT® XP™ Tape Measure specifications:
Weight: 1.65 lbs
For more information, visit Dewalt.com/ToughBeyondMeasure.
1. Tougher Case, Tougher Blade Coating, Tougher Hook Connection claims based on comparisons to DWHT33975, DWHT33976, and DWHT33991.
2. Standout claims based on maximum performance at 10’ compared to the DWHT33975.
3. Useable after a 60' drop onto packed soil.
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial corded and cordless power tools, power tool accessories, storage and hand tools in categories that include Woodworking, Drilling & Fastening, Concrete & Metal Power Tools, as well as Cutting, Abrasive, and IMPACT READY® Impact Driver Power Tool Accessories. Hand Tool categories include Measuring & Layout, Knives & Blades, Mechanics Tools, and Storage Solutions.
With seven manufacturing locations in the USA, DEWALT remains committed to domestic manufacturing and produced over 90 million individual units of Power Tools, Hand Tools, and Accessories in the United States with global materials in 2016 alone. Visit the website to learn more about DEWALT tools Made in the USA with global materials.
DEWALT® tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.