Tonight is the first semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest. On Stora scenen at the Eurovision Village participating artists from Serbia, Australia, Belarus, Georgia and the United Kingdom will perform. Before the Public Viewing with the show broadcasted from the big screens Gabriel Forss will host a sing-along with Shirley Clamp.
17:30–17:40 Presenting: ZAA Sanja Vučić from Serbia
ZAA Sanja Vučić represents Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016
with the power ballad ”Goodbye (Shelter)”.
17:45–18:00 Presenting: Dami Im from Australia
Dam Im represents Australia in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with synth inspired power ballad ”Sound of Silence”.
18:00–18:10 Presenting: Ivan from Belarus
Ivan represents Belarus in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with
pop ballad ”Help You Fly”.
18:15–18:30 Presenting: Nika Kocharov and the Young Georgian Lolitaz from Georgia
Nika Kocharov and the Young Georgian Lolitaz represents Georgia in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the sassy rock tune ”Midnight Gold”.
18:45–18:55 Presenting: Joe and Jake from Great Britain
Joe And Jake represents Great Britain in Eurovision Song Contest 2016
with the easy going pop song ”You’re not Alone”.
20:00–21:00 Sing-a-Long with Gabriel Forss
Eurovision Song Contest Sing-Along with the best-ever songs from
Eurovision and Melodifestivalen. Gabriel Forss is holding the mic and
will be co-hosting together with Shirley Clamp.
21:00–23:00 Semi final 1 – Public viewing, with the show broadcasted from the big screens
Come together and join the public viewing of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016! #ComeTogether
12:00–15:00 Students from the schools in Stockholm enter Dammen
Isabelle Hüttner Häggstrand and Emil Hedayat will be moderating throughout the day.
- 12:00 Engelska skolan, from the Stockholm neighbourhood Kista, perform with their own winner from the English language competition Kista Lilla Melodifestivalen. The song being performed is the
Australian contribution from the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, “Tonight Again”.
- 12:25 Eleven students from Mariaskolan performs soul music: Hit the Road Jack, You Can’t Hurry and I Want you Back.
- 12:50 Bagarmossen skola performs their show ”Keep Breathing”, an artist mix of music, dance and song. Improvisation and movement is the theme throughout this beautiful and tender performance.
- 13:15 A band from Sjöängssskolan plays and sings covers and their own songs. Among other songs, you can listen to “All of me”, “Chaos Walking”, “Tide turns” and “Did I tell You”.
- 13:40 Second graders at Slättgårdsskolan are lost in space. The plot of the performance is about a person who is lost and needs help finding the way back to her home planet.The pupils will perform some of the songs from the musical.
- 14:05 Salomey, from Kungsholmens västra gymnasium, will be reading the poem Phenomenal woman of Maya Angelou.
- 14:20 Sakariya Hirsi, 18 years old from Didaktus gymnasium, reads his poem about what he can do through poetry to make a different and inspire others.
- 14:35 Students that are native Spanish speakers play guitar and sing latin american songs.
19:00–20:00 Miss Inga #itsmfbingo
Martin ”Miss Inga” Johansson is one of Sweden’s most famous drag queens. Miss Inga’s Bingo is a concept for those who are looking for some twisted entertainment. Wild, fun and sexy.
EURO FAN CAFÉ
12:00–16:00 Meet Melodifestivalklubben
Are you curious about what it’s like to be a Eurovision fan? Meet Melodifestivalklubben, the Swedish chapter of the international Eurovision fan club at the information desk.
12:00–13:00 ESC Plus: The Road To Eurovision
The team from ESC Plus will be bringing in guests to discuss National Finals. Are they the way to go? Should countries switch to internal selections? What songs did we miss out on in Stockholm?
13:00–14:00 EuroZumba with Flosi Jón Ófeigsson
Get some energy into your body with Zumba, Eurovision style! Flosi and Gil will lead you to dance and sweat away all your fears!
17:00–20:00 DJ: Alan T
Tonight’s DJ theme: Ballad night
For more information
Ann-Charlotte Jönsson, Head of Press Eurovision Song Contest, tel: +468 508 28 550, esc_press@Stockholm
The entire programme www.stockholm.se/eurovision
Facebook: City of Stockholm Eurovision Song Contest Events Twitter: @escstockholm16
Stockholm Business Region, with its subsidiaries Stockholm Business Region Development and Stockholm Visitors Board, is the official investment and tourism promotion agency for the Stockholm region. Stockholm is one of Europe’s most dynamic sustainable regions. Stockholm Business Region is fully owned by the City of Stockholm. Our common brand is Stockholm – The Capital of Scandinavia.