A highlight of today's Stockholm Pride and Rille Hantes glittering pop evening for diversity, with artists such as Katrina from Katrina and the Waves and Elena Paparizou. Participating artists from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Iceland, Spain and Belgium will perform and Dammen will host a tribute to the King of Reggae Bob Marley.
17:30–17:40 Presenting: Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner and Jala från Bosnia & Herzegovina
Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner and Jala represents Bosnia & Herzegovina in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song ”Ljubav Je (Love Is)”.
17:45–17:55 Presenting: Greta Salome from Iceland
Greta Salóme represents Iceland in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the
folk music inspired pop song ”Hear Them Calling”.
18:00–18:15 Presenting: Barei from Spain
Barei represents Spain in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the joyful pop song “Say Yay!”.
18:20–18:30 Presenting: Roberto Bellarosa from Belgium
Roberto Bellarosa represented Belgium in Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with the pop song “Love kills”.
19:30–21:30 Stockholm Pride and Rille Hante present a glittering
schlager evening for Diversity!
We promise an unforgettable evening where differences are celebrated, key changes appreciated and where you can dance to a cavalcade of schlager hits from Eurovision winners from many different countries and decades. Greece’s – but also our – superstar Helena Paparizou ups the tempo with the hits we love, and world famous Katrina (Katrina and the Waves) gets us warm with the ultimate summer hit “Walking on sunshine”. Both have won the Eurovision Song Contest. Both participate in the Eurovision Concert
for Diversity. All to show that gender, size, age, diagnoses or income don’t matter. Everybody is equal and everybody is welcome to Eurovision Village.
- Helena Paparizou - Eurovision Song Contest Winner 2001
- Katrina (Katrina and the Waves) - Eurovision Song Contest Winner 1997
- The Sidemen - Melodifestivalen 2005 alongside Katrina
- Three D
- Jan Johansen - Third in Eurovision Song Contest 1995
- Nina Söderquist - Melodifestivalen
- Babsan - Melodifestivalen
- Mariette - Runner-up in Melodifestivalen 2015 and performer of the official song of Stockholm Pride 2015
- Rickard Söderberg - Melodifesitvalen 2015
- Richard Herrey - Eurovision Song Contest Winner 1984 (with Herreys)
12:00–15:00 Students from the schools in Stockholm enter Dammen
Isabelle Hüttner Häggstrand and Emil Hedayat will be moderating throughout the day.
- 12:00 Nordiska musikgymnasiet gives us an excerpt from the musical they have written called “O-lägenhet” with songs like Aquarius, Art is calling for me and For good from Wicked.
- 12:25 Västerholms friskola performs ”The Musical of Love”, a Bollywood inspired musical with Western elements. The students sing, both solo and in the choir, act and dance. They have named the musical “The Musical of Love” since they believe that love conquers all.
- 12:50 Herman Wiegelt from Olovlundsskolan performs Måns Zelmerslöws winning Eurovision entry “Heroes”.
- 13:10 Adolf Fredriks skola performs songs from the musical “De Hemligas Ö” where two scout groups are ship wrecked on a deserted island and are forced to find ways to survive.
- 13:35 Askebyskolan in Rinkeby gives an international programme with Somali dance and South African songs.
- 14:00 Eiraskolan is trying to find the meaning of the Eurovision Song Contest tagline “Come together”. Everybody has a place in a unified Europe. Besides telling us what “Come together” means we will hear songs, everything from “Crazy Frog” to “Goliat” by Laleh.
- 14:20 Students from Södermalmsskolan perform their own song “Party boys” and dance to “Blow in the Dark”.
- 14:45 Funk Fiction from Rytmus gymnasium. We hear songs like “It’s raining men”, “I wish” and “Blame it on the Boogie”.
18:30-19:30 Daniel Lemma & Hot This Year Band plays tribute to Bob Marley
On May 11 it’s 35 years since Bob Marley passed away. Daniel Lemma and
Hot This Year Band honor the legend with a reggae concert. Daniel Lemma
has just released the much noted album “Common ground”, and the
single “Mr Hibbert” is frequently played on radio.
Euro Fan Café
12:00–16:00 Meet Melodifestivalklubben
Are you curious about what it’s like to be a Eurovision fan? Meet Melodifestivalklubben, the Swedish chapter of the international Eurovision fan club at the information desk.
12:00–13:00 The ESCDaily Show: Live
The team from ESCDaily will leave the Press Centre and record a live version of their chat show. Here they will discuss the hot topics in Eurovision and give their opinions.
13:00–15:00 Eurovision Team Quiz Cup
A team quiz where teams from different OGAE-chapters are facing each other. The best teams will compete the semi-finals and a grand finale. To answer the questions you will need access to a specific website. Make sure to bring a smartphone or tablet.
15:30–16:00 Meet and Greet: Roberto Bellarosa
Radio journalist Kristian Boswell is the host for the Meet and Greets at Euro Fan Café. He will introduce a number of countries and artists. Today we will meet Roberta Bellarosa from Belgium who participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö 2013 with the song “Love Kills”. He finished in twelfth place.
16:00–16:30 Meet and Greet: Wiktoria
Swedish Wiktoria, young rookie, got a top score in this year’s Melodifestivalen and now her song is hitting the lists.
16:30–17:00 Meet and Greet: DQ
DQ the Danish drag queen who represented Denmark in Eurovision Song Contest 2007 with the song ”Drama Queen”.
17:00–20:00 DJ: Louis
Tonight’s DJ theme: only songs from the ESC finals.
For more information
Ann-Charlotte Jönsson, Head of Press Eurovision Song Contest, tel: 08-508 28 550, esc_press@Stockholm.se
The entire programme www.stockholm.se/eurovision
Facebook: City of Stockholm Eurovision Song Contest Events Twitter: @escstockholm16
Stockholm Business Region, with its subsidiaries Stockholm Business Region Development and Stockholm Visitors Board, is the official investment and tourism promotion agency for the Stockholm region. Stockholm is one of Europe’s most dynamic sustainable regions. Stockholm Business Region is fully owned by the City of Stockholm. Our common brand is Stockholm – The Capital of Scandinavia.