Press release -
Midem Talent Exporter Selection Revealed - Powered by Amuse
Midem, home of the global music community, today reveals the selection in its debut Talent Exporter programme, spotlighting the freshest worldwide talent and boosting the international reach of artists.|
The Midem Digital Edition will be the place to discover the freshest global emerging talent and enable the next generation of artists to learn, connect, and be inspired. Today, as we collectively face the unprecedented challenges of a global crisis, highlighting musical creation, giving a voice to artists, as well as forging business connections, are essential.
This year’s Midem will see multiple initiatives putting artists and creation centre stage within the online edition. These will include masterclasses, showcases, live sessions, pitching sessions and the new programme, Midem Talent Exporter, the ultimate music accelerator for the international expansion of artists. In addition, some conference sessions will help artists to learn all about talent development, to network and collaborate on ideas and creation. As artists are the beating heart of the music industry, so they are at the core of Midem. That remains unchanged with Midem Digital Edition.
Midem Director, Alexandre Deniot, says, “Today, more than ever before, offering a platform to the voice of artists is vital. At Midem, we’re committed to pursuing our support of the emerging music scene by highlighting buzzing international talent who create and perform the music on which the whole business is based. We’re excited to celebrate some fantastic emerging artists from all over the world through the new Midem Talent Exporter programme, and feel it’s essential to host exclusive online showcases right now. We’re passionate about any contribution we can make to supporting the next generation of artists at this difficult time.”
THE MIDEM TALENT EXPORTER presented by Amuse
Midem Talent Exporter is the ultimate music accelerator for the international expansion of artists. The programme is the natural evolution of the Midem Artist Accelerator, which created five years of meaningful encounters, talent discoveries, and great stories. Several international artists from the Artist Accelerator will also be present during Midem Digital Edition including Agar Agar (France), Be Charlotte (UK), Moonchild Sanelly (South Africa) and Prateek Kuhad (India).
This year's selection is particularly dazzling with creative and inspiring personalities. Discover the next generation of talent from five continents with artists representing countries as diverse as Cameroon, Algeria, Canada, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Latvia, Argentina, South Korea, Botswana and Ukraine.
During Midem Digital Edition, participants will be able to discover the artists’ profiles on the platform, offering full visibility to the artists, as well as enabling them to access business opportunities through virtual meetings, workshops and sessions.
Extending the opportunity for artists, Midem will continue to promote the Talent Exporter selection through a dedicated focus called 'Midem Artist Discovery' on Midem socials throughout the summer.
Diego Farias, CEO and Co-founder of Amuse, says “Today’s access to digital tools makes it easier than ever to create music and engage directly with fans from home. At Amuse, we’re actually seeing more releases coming through than ever. However, networking with and learning about the music industry remains a vital part of building a music career. It’s more important than ever to create opportunities for emerging talent to break through the noise, and we’re happy to be a part of this initiative with Midem.”
Artists at the Heart of Midem Digital Edition
Just as Midem has placed artists at its core in Cannes in recent years, the same will be true for Midem Digital Edition. Here are some of the highlights of the artist-facing content:
Arabian Prince (+ 1 hour DJ set) - Founding member of NWA, Songwriter, rapper, producer, DJ, technologist Pro Gamer and futurist.
Candice Pillay - South African singer-songwriter based in Los Angeles. She has written songs for major artists including Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, Rita ORa, Sevyn Streeter, Tinie Tempah & Why Don't We.
Ibeyi - Afro-French Cuban duo, twin sisters, Lisa-Kaindé and Naomi Diaz.
Signed to XL, fans of whom include Beyoncé - their All Night video featured in her film, Lemonade - and Alvin Ailey.
Swede (808 Mafia) - US producer who’s worked with hip-hop giants such as DJ Khaled, Lil Wayne and Nas, and Latin stars, from Dalex to Pitbull and Flo Rida.
Wyclef Jean - Legendary solo artist, producer and founding member of the Fugees, winner of several Grammy Awards.
Exclusive Sessions, including:
Keynote - Music’s DIY Production Boom: Secrets To Quarantine Creativity With Splice, Jammcard & Grammy Nominated Producer Oak Felder
Feat. Steve Martocci, Co-Founder & CEO — Splice; Elmo Lovano, Founder & CEO — Jammcard; Oak Felder, Grammy Nominated Producer — Pop & Oak
Playback/Listening Session in association with A&R Worldwide & MUSEXPO - the opportunity for artists to submit one track for feedback by a pool of international A&R including Kabiru Bello (Warner Music Sweden) and Antoine Dathanat (Sony/ATV France).
The 30 Midem Talent Exporter 2020 Artists:
• Alyona alyona, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Ukraine) - “Rapid-fire, rhythmic and charismatic rap phenomenon”
• Amahla, Rhythm & Blues (UK) - “A new name for British Soul”
• Atomic Otro Way, Latin (Dominican Republic) - “Bringing DemBow to the world, one song at a time"
• Balming Tiger, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (South Korea) - “A rising multi-national Alternative K-pop band”
• Caleborate, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (USA) - “Rap’s boundary-bending California kid”
• Camilla Sparksss, EDM (Switzerland) - “The sexiest dark experimental electronic music you have heard so far”
• Caveboy, Pop (Canada) - “Unforgettable alt pop trio from Montréal”
• Charlotte Dos Santos, Soul (Norway) -”A fiercely independent artist, in a lane of her own”
• Ditty, Pop (India) - “Gracefully oscillating between spoken word and music”
• Ecko, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Argentina) - “Argentinian Trap Star”
• Eliza Legzdina, Pop (Latvia) - “Anthems for a new generation”
• Finn Ronsdorf, Pop (Germany) - “A young queer Berlin singer-songwriter, who delivers powerfully tender ballads, but with experimental tendencies”
• Fokn Bois, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Ghana) - “The first experimental electro-rap party and satirical theatre”
• Full Crate, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (The Netherlands) - “Multi-talented pusher of forward thinking music”
• Haru Nemuri, Rock/Alternative (Japan) - “A new generation of J-POP, with a heart of rock and roll”
• Joseph el de la Urba, Latin (Puerto Rico) - “Puerto Rico’s rising star”
• Kirani Ayat, World (Ghana) - “Genre-blending greatness”
• Manu Manzo, Latin (Venezuela) - “Latin Grammy nominee, Venezuelan singer-songwriter”
• Mpho Sebina, Pop (Botswana) - “Botswana's Ethereal Melodist”
• Nadia Nakai, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (South Africa) - “A fierce and determined Queen shaking up the female hip-hop scene”
• Nyokô Bokbaë, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (France) - “Paris' new sensation, bringing a fresh, unique and furious sound”
• quinzequinze, Pop/Electronic (France) - “Tahitian / Parisian collective exploring climatic soundscapes”
• Rouge, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (South Africa) - “Africa’s rap-raven”
• Santa Fe KLan, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Mexico) - “ The voice of Latin youth”
• Sillie Boy Blue, Pop (France) - “Heartbroken teen anthems in the name of pop”
• Sofiane Saidi, World (Algeria) - “Prince of Raï 2.0, Algerian composer, lead singer and inventor of oriental glam”
• Stanley Enow, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Cameroon) - “Cameroon’s hip hop icon”
• The Holy, Rock/Alternative (Finland) - “Finnish NEU!-esque melodic kraut/noise rock quintet”
• Willy Cardiac, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (South Africa) - “Africa’s trapping and moshing phenomenon”
• Yellow Straps, R’n’B/Hip Hop/Urban (Belgium) - “Brussels’ shimmering, dazzling and refreshing sibling duo”
Discover the whole selection HERE
- amuse pro
- diego farias
- talent exporter
Changing the game since 2017, the reinvented record label Amuse gives free music distribution and empowering tools to artists across the globe. By using music consumption data Amuse finds, licenses and builds cutting-edge services for tomorrow’s platinum selling talent. Amuse was founded by music industry executives with a collective vision to redefine artist discovery and label deals. Based out of Stockholm, Sweden, they also have added presence in London, Miami and Bogotá.