Press release -
DSV Road North America
Following the acquisition of UTi Worldwide, DSV Road has now been established in North America with two business units: DSV Road Inc. (handling brokerage and 3PL activities) and DSV Road Transport (handling carrier and asset based activities).
Going forward, all DSV Road activities in North America will be managed through these two operational units headed by Jacques Retief, President, DSV Road North America.
Jacques Retief, President, DSV Road North America, comments
“To be able to offer our clients well developed road transport networks in Europe and North America as well as growing networks in Africa and Asia is a very strong selling point and platform for us to deliver on our promise of world class service and logistics. With our organization now in place, our clients can start to benefit from our enlarged global footprint and network, and we can provide enhanced service offerings”.
Transportation management services tailored to our clients’ needs
DSV Road North America offers both non-asset based and asset based road transport solutions in USA, Canada and Mexico. From our 17 continental offices, close to 600 employees work with more than 30,000 vetted carriers and operate approximately 700 vehicles and 800 trailers to provide customized transportation services. In cooperation with DSV Air & Sea and DSV Solutions, we support and develop our clients’ entire supply chain.
DSV Road Inc. (non-asset based)
- Transport management solutions (managing our clients domestic multimodal network through planning, optimization; bid and procurement management; contract management, claims management and freight pay and auditing utilizing our class leading technology)
- Truck Load Brokerage (FTL) across multiple modes across North America (offering clients a vast network of carriers with high service level powered by a full-fledged TMS)
- Less than Truck Load Brokerage (LTL) (optimizing and procuring the best rates across a large number of high quality carriers. We give full and real time tracking and visibility)
DSV Road Transport (asset based)
- Specialized fleet solutions (heavy haul, over dimensional, flatbed and step decks)
- Dedicated fleet solutions and Over-the-Road trucking providing high quality service
- Door-to-door Intermodal service across North America
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, 10 independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s fourth largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics.
Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers.
Read more at www.dsv.com