The Danish Energy Agency publishes the final tender conditions for Thor Offshore Wind Farm
The Danish Energy Agency is now publishing the final tender conditions for Denmark's largest offshore wind farm, Thor Offshore Wind Farm. With this announcement the last phase of the tender process begins, and this phase ends with a final bid deadline November 8. 2021 for the six bidders.
The Danish Energy Agency has today published the final tender conditions for the tendering of Thor offshore wind farm. With the publication all the basic elements of the tender are in place, and the bidders now have four months to prepare their final bid for the offshore wind farm.
Earlier this year, state aid for Thor Offshore Wind Farm was approved by the European Commission, and in May, the plan for Thorwas environmentally approved on the basis of a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA). As part of the tendering process, the Danish Energy Agency, in line with previous Danish offshore wind tenders, has carried out a negotiation phase, which has provided for adjustments in the tender conditions with the aim to reduce the bid price for the offshore wind farm. At the same time, the Danish Energy Agency has ensured that relevant statutory executive orders for Thor will enter into force on 1 July, 2021.
Facts about Thor
- Thor Offshore Wind Farm is the first of the three offshore wind farms decided as part of the Energy Agreement from 2018.
- Thor will be the largest offshore wind farm in Denmark and will be established at least 22 km off the coast at Thorsminde on Jutland's west coast
- The offshore wind farm is tendered with a flexibility of 800-1000 MW. In addition the grid connection from the wind farm to the shore is included in the tender.
- Thor can supply power to approx. 1. mio. Danish households. The total investment cost for Thor is estimated to be approx. 15.5 billion kr.
- Thor must be fully established and connected to the grid no later than by the end of 2027, and the licence for electricity production is given for 30 years with the possibility of an extension for 5 years.
- Chief Advisor Jeppe Lundbæk (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (+45) 3392 7553
- Special Adviser Anette Norling, email@example.com, phone (+45) 3392 6735