DSV Panalpina releases Responsibility Report for 2019
In addition to the strong financial results in 2019, DSV Panalpina made excellent progress on its corporate responsibility activities.
When DSV joined forces with Panalpina, the tagline was “achieving more together” which is also a fitting statement about our approach to corporate responsibility. That is why the best of both DSV and Panalpina’s corporate responsibility efforts was combined to create a stronger setup and to continue the most impactful initiatives. When the integration of the two companies is completed, a new corporate responsibility strategy with even higher ambitions will be presented.
Jens Bjørn Andersen, Group CEO, says, “I am convinced that our new corporate responsibility set-up, and the strong initiatives that we have taken from both DSV and Panalpina, will help us reach our ambitions in this area. We want to reduce our impact on the environment, provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, continue to be a responsible business partner and participate actively in the global community. We have the know-how and the organisational commitment to be the company of choice for those who seek sustainable transport and logistics.”
Highlights from the report:
- We have committed to the Science Based Targets initiative and will set targets for greenhouse gas reductions during the first half of 2020.
- We provided warehousing space for relief items and transported emergency equipment when large parts of Malawi were flooded by Cyclone Idai in 2019.
- Our Code of Conduct received a comprehensive update on existing content and introduced new topics outlining our position against e.g. money laundering and modern slavery.
- A new partnership investigates how wind energy can be used to produce renewable hydrogen for certain heavy-duty vehicles.
- A new CO2 reporting system will improve our ability to calculate and minimise the carbon footprint of customer shipments.
- green logistics
- air freight
- project transport
- road transport
- logistics solutions
- sea freight
DSV Panalpina A/S
We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family run business to the large global corporation.
Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. 60,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services.
Read more at www.dsv.com