Why Invest in Iran ?
- License: All rights reserved
- File format: .avi
- Length: 0:30
- Science, technology
Iran's Foreign Investments Department
The Foreign Investments Department is responsible to receive all Foreign Investment Applications as well as issuance of foreign investment license, conduct of affairs related to foreign investment and safeguard of foreign investors rights in approved investment projects, and also to serve the investors by way of assisting, coordinating and facilitating all issues pertaining to their investments throughout the licensing process and ever after.
Legal protections under Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Act (FIPPA) are as follows:
- Compensation for losses in case of expropriation and nationalization of investment
- Compensation for losses sustained by the foreign investment resulting from prohibition caused by enactment of law and / or Cabinet decrees.
- Transfer of the principal capital, profit and capital gains derived from utilization of capital is possible in the form of foreign currency or, as the case may be, in the form of goods.
- Guaranteeing of purchasing produced goods and services resulting from an investment project by the government agency as a party to the contract where a government agency is the sole purchaser and /or supplier of goods and services at subsidized prices.
- Enjoyment of all rights and facilities available to local investments by foreign investors.
The Foreign Investments Department, while carrying out the duties relating to admission and protection of foreign investments within the framework of FIPPA, is in charge of performing and conducting foreign investment promotion activities inside and outside the Country as well as introducing legal grounds and investment opportunities ,carrying out studies and applied researches ,organizing conferences and seminars ,cooperating with relevant international organizations and institutions ,and establishing relations and coordination with other agencies in gathering ,compiling and providing information related to foreign investments.