Press release -
Lindab France receives Award of Excellence for 2016, given by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in France
On November 28th, Lindab France received the prestigious Excellence Award PME for 2016 (Prix d'Excellence), given by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in France. Lindab France was awarded in the small and medium enterprises category, for its significant achievements in the French market within Sustainable Development.
Pascal Gelugne, Country Manager France, comments on the award:
- This price goes directly to the French team and my French colleagues, everyone is fully committed every day to make Lindab a successful company, and we have the passion to make it happen. Also a big thank you to Anders Berg and our Executive Management Team for their strong support.
The Award of Excellence is given annually to reward Swedish companies excelling in the French market for commercial success, profit, market share, expertise, innovation, leadership, motivation of employees, product quality, production and distribution methods, and the development of French-Swedish synergies. The jury is composed of top executives of Swedish companies as well as the Swedish Chamber of Commerce Management.
Anders Berg, President and CEO of Lindab, comments on the award:
- I would like to thank my colleagues in Lindab France, under the extraordinary leadership or Pascal Gelugne – since this award is nothing but an evidence of the excellent efforts of their work. Every day, all year around. No company is larger than the people working in it. As Lindab Group operates in over 32 markets its extremely important to us to do good in the markets present. We put effort in understanding and adapt to local market situations and as in France we take part in a lot of local associations developing business in the right direction for the benefit of all of us. This price indicates that we are doing something right and that our high focus on what we call Market Excellence pays of even though it for sure only plays a minor role in Lindab France being awarded. Also I´m proud that we as group represent Sweden in this way and as our theory of the firm is to be a Good Thinking Company and to do good in every aspect of our business I cannot find a better way proving this than Lindab France being awarded for their extremely good performance. It for sure inspires us as group to continue doing good.
The jury selection is motivated primarily by the following factors:
- The company's drive for energy efficiency in buildings, and for the well-being and comfort for residents;
- The continuous commitment of Lindab France thirty years with two production plants, an R&D Center, and close to 150 employees in France;
- Strong growth for Lindab France with a market share today of 25%, in the level of the national market leader;
- The company's organic growth and acquisitions, with two acquisitions in 2015.
Prix d'Excellence ceremony took place on the 28th of November during a French, Swedish and Nordic Enterprise evening at the Palais de la découverte in Paris, organized by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in France. The Swedish Ambassador Veronika Wand-Danielsson, the French Ambassador Jacques Lapouge and the French Minister of State for the Digital Sector and Innovation, Axelle Lemaire, were present, along with nearly 300 personalities from the economic, political and cultural society of both countries.
At Lindab, good thinking is a philosophy that guides us in everything we do. We have made it our mission to create a healthy indoor climate – and to simplify the construction of sustainable buildings. We do this by designing innovative
products and solutions that are easy to use, as well as offering efficient availability and logistics. We are also working on ways to reduce our impact on our environment and climate. We do this by developing methods to produce our
solutions using a minimum of energy and natural resources, and by reducing negative effects on the environment. We use steel in our products. It’s one of few materials that can be recycled an infinite number of times without losing any of its properties. This means less carbon emissions in nature and less energy wasted.