TIGR® Matrix Recipient - Martin Lamm at 40 Mph
- License: Creative Commons Attribution
- File format: .m4v
- Length: 0:55
- Health, Health Care, Pharmaceuticals
- inguinal hernia
- novus scientific
- tigr matrix
About Novus Scientific
Novus Scientific AB (www.novusscientific.com) develops, manufactures and markets resorbable implants that help the body's own healing.
Headquarters, research and production is located in Uppsala and sales are made through distributors in a growing number of countries, currently around twenty. The company owners and management comes from the Uppsala-based, Radi Medical Systems AB, which was sold in 2008 to St. Jude Medical Inc, St Paul, USA.
TIGR® Matrix (www.TIGRmatrix.com) is a slowly degradable synthetic surgical mesh, which contributes mechanical strength until the body itself recreated tissue strength and then excreted through natural pathways.
Main applications are:
• To stabilize the tissue around the implant during breast reconstruction after cancer.
• Restoring abdominal wall function for complex incisional hernia.
• Strengthening suture line reinforcement after laparotomy to reduce the risk of wound dehiscence and incisional hernia.