Press release -
Second Extinction Launches Its Biggest Update Yet, Featuring Horde Mode, A New Playable Hero, Crossplay & More
Systemic Reaction’s co-op dino shooter arrives on Epic Games Store and is free to try this weekend on Steam!
STOCKHOLM — Sept. 30, 2021 — Pre-Season 6 of Second Extinction, the action-packed co-op dino shooter from Systemic Reaction, is underway now -- and it’s a big one! Pre-Season 6 is the game’s most significant update yet, introducing Emergency Landing: Horde Mode, a new playable character, and full crossplay between Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
And it’s the perfect time to jump in! Second Extinction is now available in early access on the Epic Games Store. It’s also free to play on Steam today until October 4, with a special 40% discount to purchase.
Pre-Season 6 Trailer: https://youtu.be/t2UutpqEXsI
Here’s what’s new in Second Extinction’s Pre-Season 6 update:
- Emergency Landing: Horde Mode has arrived! You’ll start inside a crashed dropship armed with nothing but a pistol, but as you conquer wave after wave of increasingly challenging dinos, you’ll earn credits to purchase new equipment and abilities to survive. Get your practice in now, because Horde Mode leaderboards are on their way soon with their own special rewards.
- New playable operative hero: Sunetra, a biology researcher who kills dinos with science. Reduce damage for your squad while using pheromones to make enemies turn on each other. Sunetra bumps the game’s roster of playable characters up to six.
- Full crossplay between Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, the Microsoft Store, and the Epic Games Store.
- Augments, unique drops from enemies that give your character special new abilities. You can only equip a limited number of augments, forcing you to choose how to customize your build.
- In-game voice chat and matchmaking lobbies.
- New Wardrobe function, letting you preview everything in the game even without unlocking it.
- New seasonal contracts and rewards.
Second Extinction pits teams of up to three players against swarms of bloodthirsty dinos in fast-paced battles across Earth’s post-apocalyptic wastelands. Equip a range of powerful weapons and abilities and fight solo or with friends against monstrous dinosaurs long thought extinct — now mutated and deadlier than ever! The War Effort is Second Extinction’s community-driven global metagame: by completing missions and activities, you’ll affect the threat level and challenges players around the world face.
Second Extinction is available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, the Microsoft Store for PC, and Xbox Game Pass for consoles and PC via Xbox Game Preview. It is also available in PC early access via Steam and the Epic Games Store.
WE ARE SYSTEMIC REACTION
Small but fierce, we started as a group of veterans from within Avalanche Studios Group. Based in Stockholm and Malmö, we focus on crafting new and empowering games with unique settings. Drawing from our experiences within the industry, we want to create games that appeal both to us, and to you — our players. We want to play in a sandbox that lets your creativity thrive.
Our focus is freedom, exploration, and a drive to create games like the ones that kept us up at night as kids. We've got Generation Zero launched and Second Extinction on Xbox Game Preview and PC early access — with even more to come. Join us in the sandbox!
Communications & PR Manager
About Avalanche Studios Group
Avalanche Studios Group is a leading interactive entertainment company, offering a rich portfolio of games from its divisions Avalanche Studios, Expansive Worlds, and Systemic Reaction, including the Just Cause franchise, theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero, Rage 2, and the recently announced Contraband. Avalanche Studios Group is committed to being a truly inclusive and sustainable workplace that creates innovative games through the power of our people’s creativity. All Avalanche Studios Group games are developed using the proprietary Apex engine, enabling vast open worlds with endless creative possibilities. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com/