Press release -
FIROUZ FARMANFARMAIAN IS THE NEXT “ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE” AT PALAIS AZIZA AND SPA IN MARRAKECH
Palais Aziza and Spa is proud to announce that the Persian multidisciplinary artist Firouz FarmanFarmaian is the next Artist-in-Residence at the hotel’s bi-annual fine art gallery exhibition that is showcasing Moroccan and Internationally acclaimed artists. The exhibition will be launched during the 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair on February 18 and will continue until May 30, 2020.
Firouz FarmanFarmaian lives and works in Marrakech as well as in Marbella and is an internationally renowned contemporary artist born 1973 in Iran. New York, Paris, London, Hamburg, Washington, San Francisco, Dubai and Tehran are just a few examples of places where his work has been exhibited and many of his exquisite art pieces are in the private collections of royalties and celebrities all over the world.
Curated by We R the Nomads Agency, Firouz FarmanFarmaian's TRACES exhibition will grace the walls of the Palais Aziza throughout the spring, in a retrospective construct presenting works taken from some of FarmanFarmaian's most powerful series.
The exhibition will travel through his recurrent thematic, nomadic displacement, with a special focus dedicated to the role of women in FarmanFarmaian's body of work. Part of the proceeds of TRACES will be redirected to the Project Soar Foundation to help fund girls’ empowerment in Morocco and throughout the world.
- Portrait of a Berber Woman Panel I (2019)
- Woman with a Veil in Purple Panel I (2017)
- Summer at the Caspian IV Part II (2016)
The Firouz FarmanFarmaian collection, open to the public, will be on exhibit at Palais Aziza and Spa from February 18-May 30, 2020. The Hotel offers guided Art walks and a personal meeting with Firouz FarmanFarmaian and a visit of his atelier can be arranged on request.
SPECIAL HOTEL OFFER:
Come for the art and stay at Palais Aziza. Art Lovers rates start from €370 instead of €485 in junior suite and €450 instead of €580 in pavilion during 1 February to 30 May 2020. Reservation@palaisaziza.com
The Art Lovers rate includes
- Luxurious accommodation including sumptuous breakfast
- Daily water in room
- Welcome amenity
- Airport return transfer
- An exclusive invitation to Palais Aziza Vernissage 18 February 17.00-19.30 and an opportunity to meet the artist
- A guided art walk of Firouz FarmanFarmaian’s exhibition at Palais Aziza
- Complimentary shuttle to the 1-54 Contemporary African Art Exhibition during 22/23/24 February 2020
- Complimentary shuttle to Firouz FarmanFarmaian’s Théâtre Royal de Marrakech exhibition during the 1-54 Contemporary African Art Exhibition during 22/23/24 February 2020.
- Rates are subject to availability from 1 February to 30 May 2020.
- A €5 service charge applies per room per night as well as €3 city tax per person per night.
For more information and high res pictures, please contact Red City PR: email@example.com
Palais Aziza and Spa is a leading boutique luxury hotel, a hidden sanctuary set in two hectares of lush tropical gardens on royal grounds just minutes away from the Marrakech Medina. The 5-star palatial resort consists of 28 beautifully appointed rooms, suites, pavilions, and villas, spacious 700m2 spa facilities featuring Moroccan signature treatments and traditional hammams. Palais Aziza and Spa offers destination bars and restaurants with acclaimed chefs serving the best of Moroccan and international cuisine.