Goodness gracious! William Wan responded to tough questions with kindness
One in four young people refrain from showing kindness in public because they fear being embarrassed or mocked, according to the Singapore Kindness Movement (SKM) Graciousness Survey 2019.
Our shortlisted candidate for Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 this week presented the findings on Money FM 89.3.
William Wan's positivity and enthusiasm shone through, which are not just good attributes to have for the role of General Secretary of the Singapore Kindness Movement, but also when dealing with some of the somewhat ungracious questions he faced.
That's why we have selected him as our candidate for Best Broadcast Interview.
Scroll down to see other reasons why we nominated him:
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 resumes with our third round of nominations in Singapore and Malaysia in the following categories:
- Best Broadcast Interview, in association with Meltwater
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation, in association with Dianomi
- Best Live Webcast, in association with The Streaming Company
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until November 30, 2019, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
Here are four observations on his performance:
- Statistics – Launching survey results is the oldest trick in the book to attract media attention, but the statistics also have to be presented well to ensure their meaning is not lost on listeners. Wan put in an exemplary performance.
- Examples – He gave certain examples of different ways to show kindness, and reasons why Singaporeans have been kinder recently. His examples gave clarity to the audience.
- Key Message – Wan had many substantive things to say, which left viewers in no doubt what his message was. He emphasized kindness and giving back to people. This clarity can get lost in among all the things spokespeople talk about from time to time. It's a good reminder to have a central theme.
- Natural Delivery – Wan had slight pauses to emphasize his main points without sounding choreographed.
If you know William Wan, share this article with him and congratulate him on being nominated for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
If you have what it takes, nominate yourself or your senior business leader for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019!
Hong Bao Media provides media solutions for corporate and government clients in the Asia Pacific and Middle East.
Our three core businesses are:
- Media skills and executive presence training and coaching for senior business leaders
- Live webcast production from our green screen studios, or on-location
- Active investments in a portfolio of blockchain and fintech start-ups
We operate two Integrated Communications facilities, one in Singapore's Central Business District and another in Kuala Lumpur's Central Business District. These consist of green screen television studios for on-camera recordings and webcasts, adjoining training facilities for small groups of senior executives.