Greetings from NBAS! Here are the latest news from us.
Since August we have welcomed these new members:
- Assuranceforeningen Skuld (Gjensidig)
- Centrepoint Technical Consultants Pte Ltd
- Grieg Star Shipping Singapore Pte Ltd
- Herkules Singapore Pte Ltd
- MOK Shipping Singapore Pte Ltd
- Singvik Pte Ltd
- Wallem Group
- Zeguestlist Pte Ltd
The Royal Norwegian Embassy is holding a Policy Brief on Thursday 5 December at 5 pm:
Asia’s rapid economic growth is a much debated phenomenon. Asia’s economic rise does however take place in a political environment that entails certain risk factors. At the Embassy, these factors are among the trends they try to comprehend, because the long term stability of Asia has become of vital importance to Norwegian interests.
This Policy Brief session is a
first – and an attempt to share some of their best contacts who will be
able to shed light on trends that will shape South East Asia’s politics and
economy. There will also be a briefing by the Ministry of Manpower on
new policies on foreign labour in Singapore.
Plans for events for 2014 are well under way. We would like to draw your attention to these dates:
- Wednesday 5 February: NBAS luncheon talk; "Can Asia Hang Together?" by Mr Parag Khanna, Ph.D, Director of the Hybrid Reality Institute.
- Wednesday 5 March: NBAS Evening talk; "Skatteseminar" (seminar on taxation for Norwegians) by Erland Nørstebø, Partner PWC. Get
the latest news on the many rules re tax before you have to send in your tax
- Friday 14 March: The Annual Norwegian Seafood Dinner. This event is exclusively for our Ordinary members and their guests. The invites will be sent out mid-January per e-mail. This invitation goes to the member company`s main contact person. When the table allocations are finalized, we will send each company hard copies of the invites. Norwegian Seafood Dinner - a truly unique culinary experience!
- Thursday 20 March: "Norway Finance Day” -
Seminar on Export financing and other
incentives schemes related to Norwegian related projects and procurement.
- End March: NBAS AGM and luncheon talk.
Further information regarding each event will follow in due course.
Mona & Kjersti