Press release -
Expand your photographic skillset with Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III - pricing and availability now disclosed
1stJuly 2021, The new Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III are built for speed with ultra-fast 5G connectivity and speciality photographic features thanks to a world first Variable smartphone telephoto lens paired with a Dual-PD sensor[i]and 4K HDR OLED 120Hz Refresh rate display.
- World´s first smartphone with a Variable telephoto lens paired with a dual PD sensor
- Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals, newly equipped Real-time Tracking[ii] and fast, accurate continuous AF across all lenses
- 20fps Burst Mode with low light noise reduction powered by BIONZ X™
- Brand new AI super resolution zoomtechnology
- Updated Photography Pro feature – now equipped with ‘Basic Mode’
- World’s first smartphone with a 4K HDR 120Hz Refresh rate display[iii] crafted from Gorilla® Glass Victus™[iv]
- EvolvedFull-stage stereo speakers – now 40% louder than previous model[v]
- New and improved Game Enhancer features – including a new audio equaliser, an optimised V.C microphone and high frame rate recording feature
- World’s first smartphone to reproduce 360 Reality Audio in the speakers, as the recording artist intended it to be heard[vi]
- Addition of brand new 360 Spatial Sound – for up-mixing stereo music into an immersive audio experience
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 888 5G Mobile Platform
- Improved battery life (4500mAh)and the ability to charge up to 50% of capacity in 30 minutes with the kitted 30W charger - in addition to a newly extended battery life of up to three years[vii]
Both devices provide a rich collection of integrated features that connect the Xperia community with its passions. Whether they are photographers, audiophiles, cinephiles, gamers or cinematographers alike, the next generation of Xperia 1 and 5 flagship series will enrich the user experience with its plethora of new features. This is the next level of Xperia that transforms with speed and beyond.
Xperia 1 III is available to pre-order now in Frosted Black and Frosted Purple (varies by market) for €1,299
Xperia 5 III will be shipped from September and will be available in Black and Green (varies by market) for €999.
We will continue to monitor demand for the handsets and review additional colour availability in due course.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
For more information, images and videos please visit:
Corporate Communications Europe, Sony Europe
About Sony Group Corporation
Sony Group Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From Game & Network Services to Music, Pictures, Electronics Products & Solutions, Imaging & Sensing Solutions and Financial Services - Sony's purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: https://www.sony.com/en/
“SONY” and “Xperia” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
[i] Xperia 1 III / Xperia 5 III feature 70mm and 105mm focal length in the same periscope camera paired with a Dual Pixel Diode sensor.
[ii] Real-time Tracking is only available on Xperia 1 III. The subject may not be detected depending on the shooting environment
[iii] Only applicable to Xperia 1 III. The refresh rate 120Hz drive is effective when the blur reduction setting is turned on. Display refresh rate may vary depending on content and app specifications
[iv] Xperia 1 III features Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus™ on the display only. The rear is crafted from Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6. Xperia 5 III features Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 on the display and rear
[v] 40% more powerful speakers only available in Xperia 1 III – compared to Xperia 1 II
[vi] This feature is currently available with TIDAL. Third party terms, conditions, account, and fees may apply. Service availability may vary by market. Verified by Strategy Analytics' SpecTRAX Service against the current audio specifications for over 18,500 smartphones
[vii] Result tested by Sony Corporation - based on usage profile using the same type of battery and USB charging. The life span of the battery varies on usage situation.