Telenor Connexion CEO nominated for Telematics Awards 2010
The CEO of Telenor Connexion, Per Simonsen, is one of the finalists for the Telematics Awards 2010, in the class Telematics Leadership.
- It’s an honour to be nominated in the category Telematics Leadership, in particular since the competition is so tough. The telematics industry is full of innovative ideas and I am proud to lead the people in the very front line. Telenor Connexion is truly devoted to the ground-breaking aspect of embedded connectivity while relying on our long term experience of solid telematics solutions. We are a part of our customers business and life critical applications, and we take that very seriously, says Per Simonsen, CEO, Telenor Connexion.
Per Simonsen is one of the pioneers within the mobile operator sector who has truly realised how mobile operators need to fundamentally change and adapt to the new business logics tied to telematics deployments and operations, in order to further drive this new market. He has successfully led the build-up of the new organisation, implemented a solely devoted telematics platform for global connectivity and outlined the future path for how mobile operators need change mindset to develop the global telematics market.
Every year the Telematics Awards recognises and celebrates the key companies and people that are driving the industry forward and pushing the boundaries in GPS technology.
- This is a crucial year for the industry as the recovery process has already begun, and, telematics players, now more than ever, need to come together to strategise for the next decade of telematics service provision, says Precksha Saksena, managing director of Telematics Update.
During the past six months, hundreds of companies have nominated themselves or their partners and clients through the Telematics Awards website. An independent panel of industry experts from the digital automotive, mobile and web industries have analysed the submissions and individually narrowed down each category.
The finalists in the Telematics Leadership category are:
- Fran Dance, Telematics Services Manager, BMW
- Jeff Littlejohn, Executive VP, Clear Channel
- Jim Buczkowski, Director of Global Electrical and Electronics Systems Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- Jocelyn Vigreux, President, TomTom
- Kamyar Moinzadeh, President & CEO, Airbiquity
- Kevin Dallas, General Manager Microsoft Visions Embedded, Microsoft
- Per Simonsen, CEO, Telenor Connexion AB
- Steve Millstein, President, ATX Group
Telematics Update will reveal all the winners at an exclusive awards dinner on June 7, 2010, the eve of the 10th annual Telematics Detroit 2010 Conference & Exhibition, which takes place on June 8-9 at the Rock Financial Showplace in Michigan, Novi, USA.
About Telenor Connexion
Telenor Connexion is a leading global provider of embedded connectivity for business and life critical applications. Companies in industries as diverse as automotive, security, utilities and fleet management are implementing embedded connectivity solutions to achieve productivity gains, cost management, environmental improvement and expand customer services. With more than 10 years of experience, Telenor Connexion is a reliable partner, understanding and dedicated our customers’ business. According to leading industry analyst Berg Insight, Telenor is “the most advanced mobile operator in the area of M2M” and “the dominant provider of wireless M2M connectivity”.Please visit www.telenorconnexion.com
About Telematics Update
Telematics Update is the world’s leading provider of business to business telematics intelligence, specialising in conferences, large scale events, and seminars. Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. Telematics Update produces the largest telematics event in North America and Europe and attracts the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking. For more information please visit www.telematicsupdate.com